Will SE500 fit better than E4C?
Jul 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Newcoma

New Head-Fier
Hi

I bought the Shure E4C more than a year ago. I never succeded in getting a proper fit, no matter what sleeve I used. No I consider going for the SE500. Are they more comfortable than the E4C or are there any difference?

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 4
I would think the fitting would be mostly the same since the tips are mostly the same. If you weren't getting a proper fit, it is probably you weren't inserting them correctly. Sometimes a little coaching, advice can get you to that point.

Here's something to try: with your free hand, reach over your head, grab the top of your outer ear and pull it up and away from your head while inserting your IEMs. That will help straighten your ear canal during insertion.

Another thing: you should be able to get at least the yellow foamies to insert and seal with little problems. To do that, compress the foam tightly around the ear nozzle of the IEM, then insert the IEM in your ear and hold it in place for 5-10 seconds. The foam will expand to fill your ear canal and form a good seal and fit. You may need to experiment with the different sizes of yellow foamies (they come in small, medium, and large). People's outer ear canals are different sizes so the different sized foamies help accomodate that.

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 4
I would say same. They are both great IEM's but SE530 takes everything E4 has and adds a big "fullness of sound" that makes them sound more like headphones IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back