Will new AK gear hurt Kaan sales?
May 11, 2018 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

diver110

100+ Head-Fier
Kaan just came out last year. Will, say, the SE 100 hurt Kaan sales? Seams like much new gear too quickly can make people want to wait for the latest, greatest....

May 11, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 9
Kaan just came out last year. Will, say, the SE 100 hurt Kaan sales? Seams like much new gear too quickly can make people want to wait for the latest, greatest....

Do you mean „Kann“?

May 22, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #6 of 9
Hurt sales? Likely boost it if A&K are willing to do a price reduction to move excess stock if there is.

May 22, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 9
The Kann serves a completely different demographic. The Kann is for those who do not care about size or bulk, and want the amp output of a dedicated amp, without having to strap one on and can drive full size cans with the most output of AK DAP.
The new players like the SR15 or SE100 basically replace MK70II and the AK320 at their respective price points.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 9
The Kann serves a completely different demographic. The Kann is for those who do not care about size or bulk, and want the amp output of a dedicated amp, without having to strap one on and can drive full size cans with the most output of AK DAP.
The new players like the SR15 or SE100 basically replace MK70II and the AK320 at there respective price points.

Maybe, but to coming out with too many new products undermines the sales of the old ones.

May 28, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #9 of 9
I think Kann still own certain markets even with the new model release. I really like the amp design of Kann. It is truly standalone player now in the market without the need to stack another amp and strap it around. I think there are definitely audiophiles choose Kann over other models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back