will my (humble) set-up justify a pair of MS2s?
Mar 29, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by vaper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
remind me, if I ever come over to your place to use the front door and avoid the porch

LOL; actually it was the blue dye from my shorts!

....I'd be too embarrassed to sit out there that-away unless it were way after dark, and then it'd be much too cold!

Uh, that was in September. Maybe it wouldn't have been too cold out? Naw; it would have been OK, but then again the truck almost never gets here after dark!

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my Alessandros came with both the Grado 1/8th to 1/4 adapter and a fairly long (haven't unwrapped it yet) extension cable with 1/4" on both ends

No I don't believe you. That cannot be true. They DO NOT ship their phones with the Grado extension cable allowing me to sit in my listening chair using a 1/4" extension cable allowing me to use my phones more comfortably than I do now.
mad.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I don't believe you. That cannot be true. They DO NOT ship their phones with the Grado extension cable allowing me to sit in my listening chair using a 1/4" extension cable allowing me to use my phones more comfortably than I do now.
mad.gif

Maybe they only comr included with the Pros?
blink.gif
If you look at the last pic I posted with them in the pizzabox, you will see them.
rs1smile.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Maybe they only comr included with the Pros?
blink.gif
If you look at the last pic I posted with them in the pizzabox, you will see them.
rs1smile.gif

I didn't realize that they shipped the extension cable with the MS-Pro the same as they did with the RS-1. It doesn't mention it in the Alessandro web-site. And I don't believe I'd read about it from any other MS-Pro owner. But then again, not many RS-1 folks have mentioned it either!

It does help to make the price a bit more tolerable!
rs1smile.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

I didn't realize that they shipped the extension cable with the MS-Pro the same as they did with the RS-1. It doesn't mention it in the Alessandro web-site. And I don't believe I'd read about it from any other MS-Pro owner. But then again, not many RS-1 folks have mentioned it either!

It does help to make the price a bit more tolerable!
rs1smile.gif

I didn't know that the extension cable was going to be included either, but I did know about the Grado adapter because I had emailed them asking about terminating the headphone cable with 1/8th connector and they had replied that they will come with the adapter included.
rs1smile.gif
cool.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #22 of 29
Darn it! And there are times I sure could use the adapter too! My resistance is failing!

Anything else? One more freebie and I'm home free!

Well; maybe.

What makes it rough with the family, is justifying having all three. I can easily keep the MS-1 in the mix, but it would be very difficult to find a permanent and consistent use for MS2i. And NOT using them would be extremely akward as well since they were a birthday present from my wife and ALL of the kids.

So yeah; it gets to be a little sticky.

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

my Alessandros came with both the Grado 1/8th to 1/4 adapter and a fairly long (haven't unwrapped it yet) extension cable with 1/4" on both ends

So...just for fun....I went over the entire Alessandro web-site looking for some mention about the extension cable coming with the MS-Pros, and just like the photos of the cans not being up to date, there is no mention about the cable either.

One thing I did notice though; the MS-Pros are really not all that expensive after all!

For about the price of an MS-Pro, you can purchase about 8" of their best multi-cable!

That's right, not eight feet; but eight INCHES!!

Suddenly, the Pros are a real bargain!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't know about anyone else, but I am really enjoying following your on-going journey, in each and every alessandro related thread, as you steadily inch closer and closer to the inevitable (your purchase of the MS-Pros). Maybe we should start a pool. I'll take the 3rd week in April.
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #25 of 29
Yup; I had about the same thing going on last year during the summer...well; summer NORTH on the equator, anyway! I was having lots of fun trying to resolve my "Battle if the Twos" to come up with the right phones to replace my MS-1s: Either the MS2i or RS-2. That whole thing lasted from about May to the middle of September when my whole family got tired of hearing about it too, and decided to shut me up by getting me a set of the then-front-running MS2i for my birthday!

There was a collective sigh of relief form all of Head-Fi when that happened I'll tell you!

This decision is easier however. The cans are a shoe in. The wallet...Ok; the wifes purse, is the problem!!
frown.gif

But yeah; I'm havin' fun with it too!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #26 of 29
Wow! My 'waited for the package to arrive' phase is over!!! I ordered them early yesterday and they arrived by priority mail today. It helps that Alessandro is located with a 2 hour drive, but still. Now I've got to wait until I get home tonight to take them for a spin. Can't wait.

Mar 30, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

So...just for fun....I went over the entire Alessandro web-site looking for some mention about the extension cable coming with the MS-Pros, and just like the photos of the cans not being up to date, there is no mention about the cable either.

One thing I did notice though; the MS-Pros are really not all that expensive after all!

For about the price of an MS-Pro, you can purchase about 8" of their best multi-cable!

That's right, not eight feet; but eight INCHES!!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Heh... I've been looking at their guitar amps
blink.gif
The lower end, such as the Beagle, starts at $2400 with standard parts not including any upgrades. Then if you want a speaker... add another $1200
blink.gif
blink.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #28 of 29
Yup! It appears the cans are their cheap stuff!

.....oops, ok; "inexpensive" stuff!
rs1smile.gif

The phones haven't gone up in price in years, I wonder if the amps and other good stuff have? I'll have to spend more time looking around their site! It's kind fun at that!

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #29 of 29
grado_musictwo_l.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for this thread. It makes my (2 weeks left) wait seem like months away. It was great that you had less than 24 hour wait vaper, how jealous am I. Any way to pass away the time I've posted another MS2i pic, again not mine, so credit to the original poster. I will just dream and drool on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back