Will my Headphones sound better being played though an Amplifier?
Dec 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JoshHat98

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-fi,

I got myself my first Amp today, a Kenwood KA-31B. I've borrowed my Fathers old Rotel RL-850 speakers to pair with this Amp and it sounds great, compared to my cheap Panasonic sound system.

From what I found online it's a 30W a channel at 8 ohms and is some time around the Era of the 80's and is a tiny Amp compared to other amps I have seen.

My question is simple, will plugging me headphones into the Amplifier give me better sounds from my headphones?

I have my PC plugged in via 2RCA to the Tuner and I'm not using a sound card of any kind. The Amp has a 6.5mm plug so I'll need to use an adaptor to make my 3.5mm plugs fit.

My head phones aren't great, there the Razer Electra headphones so they are not any Audiophile headphones but I do plan on buying something that would be suggested here.

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 4
My head phones aren't great, there the Razer Electra headphones so they are not any Audiophile headphones but I do plan on buying something that would be suggested here.

Thanks!

With your Razer, not much. They are designed for gaming (heard they do well with bass heavy stuff though)

Which kind of headphone are you looking for? 

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 4
With your Razer, not much. They are designed for gaming (heard they do well with bass heavy stuff though)

Which kind of headphone are you looking for? 

Thanks for both replys!

You'd be correct when saying the Razer Electra are a bass heavy headphones although I've never it to be to over the top. As I said I really have no idea what to buy, but I'll spend about $100 or so looking for something that would be suggested around here that give great quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back