Will I benfit from upgrading
Oct 10, 2016 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LiquidMotionz

New Head-Fier
I have multiple MP3 players and was wondering if it worth it to upgrade from my current options or if it would just be better to keep one as a daily driver and buy better headphones , I will be trading in my iPhone 6 for the 7 and or next iPhone after that so just get like a dragonfly dac for my iPhone (sprint iPhone for life which I don't pay for or I'd get the lg v20)
*iphone 6 16gb
*iphone 4s 16gb
*ipod 5 32gb
*zune hd 32gb (silver)
*zune hd 32gb (black)
*creative zen micro(old like before 2008)
* iPod classic (4/5th gen)
*ipod touch 2 gen 8gb
I also have a fiio e6 amp as well for bigger headphones
My headphone status as of right now
- vmoda zn
-ath m50s

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 5
I would say to sell off everything but the iPhone 6 and buy a Udxoo X3 player, install Rockbox.
Then maybe think about buying better headphones.

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 5
Depends on your priorities/goals. If your current headphones works well enough for the sources you listed then why upgrade? Better spend the money on headphones which will give you better options/flavor than what you currently have. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 5
  Depends on your priorities/goals. If your current headphones works well enough for the sources you listed then why upgrade? Better spend the money on headphones which will give you better options/flavor than what you currently have. 

yeah, i have a pair of auduze el-8s that i can get for $450 from my dad plus another $150 for his schit amp/dac combo
  I would say to sell off everything but the iPhone 6 and buy a Udxoo X3 player, install Rockbox.
Then maybe think about buying better headphones.

how much do you think i could get out of selling everything? also does that player have wifi or bluetooth just wondering and can you provide a link for the Udxoo X3 player just a bit curious as i googled it and cant seem to find anything just the fiio x3 is popping up

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 5
  how much do you think i could get out of selling everything? also does that player have wifi or bluetooth just wondering and can you provide a link for the Udxoo X3 player just a bit curious as i googled it and cant seem to find anything just the fiio x3 is popping up

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803844/rockbox-xduoo-x3

Not sure how much you could sell your older players for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back