Will I be able to live with UM1's?
Oct 31, 2006 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TimmyMac

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I have the UM2's, have for a few months. I've grown to like them a lot, but I've just picked up a pair of SA5k's and about to buy an amp to go with it, so I need to recover some costs. I'm thinking of downgrading to the UM1's and pocketing the difference I get in a trade.

My question is, will I be able to live with the UM1's? How big is the difference?

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #3 of 13
It is a pretty significant downgrade. Plus, I'm not sure you would actually end up with that much money after selling your UM2s and ordering new UM1s.

P.S. I noticed you're in Guelph! My dad was a prof at the university for several years a while back.

Oct 31, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob
It is a pretty significant downgrade. Plus, I'm not sure you would actually end up with that much money after selling your UM2s and ordering new UM1s.

P.S. I noticed you're in Guelph! My dad was a prof at the university for several years a while back.

Downgrade is never a good thing. Earphones are the most important factor I think.

P.S.:Wow really that's cool, I was supposed to go to Guelph but went to McGill instead.
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 13
Well I figure I can get maybe $220-240 for the UM2's, minus $20 for shipping, and UM1's go for $75-85 shipped. I don't mind if the UM1 are a little darker, as long as they have decent bass and mids. The SA5k should give me all the treble detail I'll ever want

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob

Really... I'm a 3rd year student there now. I've been noticing more and more head-fiers from southern ontario actually.

Nov 6, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫
Where did you find that price?
eek.gif

yeah, really. hehe

Nov 7, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #13 of 13
I have a pair and I still dig the hell out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back