Will I be able to get a refund?
Dec 4, 2006 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

seanohue

500+ Head-Fier
Alright so heres the background. I am working on my PADI open water certification and I finished all my classes and passed my exam. My dive shop is taking a trip down to Florida during MLK weekend in January to do the open water checkout dives. The problem is that I (well, my dad) booked the airfare on the wrong dates and too late in the day (we booked 13-16 but the trip is the 12-15 and the flight doenst come in until 4 and it's a 45 minute drive to the place we're diving at). We booked with Southwest and got the internet rates (I think they were $79 each way). So now I may not get certified until at least April (thats when the quarry opens in Virginia), we've wasted over $400 on airfare (because my mom, dad and brother were going to go with me) and I need to be certified by spring break or I will miss my trip to the Keys with my school. My dad has already called SW and they won't let him change the dates or even cancel. Is there any possible way we could get rid of these plane tickets or are we SOL?

Dec 5, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you just fly down a day earlier on a one way ticket and go back with them?

Because they already bought mine.

Dec 5, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 9
what he's saying is they can fly down on the 13th, but you buy 1 one-way ticket for the 12th and go down yourself. then your parents go down on the 13th. and you guys fly back together on the 16th. you'll only be down 79 for your ticket that you're not using on the 13th.

Dec 5, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what he's saying is they can fly down on the 13th, but you buy 1 one-way ticket for the 12th and go down yourself. then your parents go down on the 13th. and you guys fly back together on the 16th. you'll only be down 79 for your ticket that you're not using on the 13th.

but how can I get from the airport (Tampa) to the resort? It's a 45 minute drive and I can't rent a car yet.

Dec 5, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 9
or hell, youve spent this much already, a limo!

My friend works for SW and I just talked to her, looks like you're out of luck on a refund, sorry.

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #8 of 9
Well luckily my dad was able to change the flight on the 13 to one on the 12th and it only cost $40 for all 4 tickets. We do unfortunately have to pay for another night at the hotel, but thats better than $400 for the whole thing.

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #9 of 9
Not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back