Will E5 Powering HFI-580 Work Well?
Feb 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sanotter

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, i was seeing people saying hfi-580's only run at 80% on ipod classic, im on the ipod nano (the long one with curved screen) and was wondering if an e5 (or e6?) with an L9 will make it alot better? thanks!

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Hey guys, i was seeing people saying hfi-580's only run at 80% on ipod classic, im on the ipod nano (the long one with curved screen) and was wondering if an e5 (or e6?) with an L9 will make it alot better? thanks!

The E6, if you're going to spend money at all, would be a safe bet.
Consider that the HFI 580 needs no amplification. So you're not going to get improvements with more spending of cash.
So if you're bent on getting a portable amp, keep it inexpensive. The E6 is the better of the "cheapies" to experiment with.

Very best,

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
The E6, if you're going to spend money at all, would be a safe bet.
Consider that the HFI 580 needs no amplification. So you're not going to get improvements with more spending of cash.
So if you're bent on getting a portable amp, keep it inexpensive. The E6 is the better of the "cheapies" to experiment with.

Very best,

ok thanks, if it doesnt need amplification thats better :) i was wondering if hooked up my ipod to my yamaha hifi (amp/cd player combo) and then plugged the headphones in would that be amplification because i can change the volume with the hifi or?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back