will dac eliminate the buzzing sound?
Aug 22, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #17 of 30
It has to be some interference between the computer and the amp or a grounding issue( plug both the amp and computer to same outlet to see if it goes away). Either way a Dac would probably* fix the issue.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #18 of 30
It has to be some interference between the computer and the amp or a grounding issue( plug both the amp and computer to same outlet to see if it goes away). Either way a Dac would probably* fix the issue.

im using same power outlet but doesnt work. but im not sure what i should do since i got conflicted replies here. either dac would help or its faulty wiring from my amp :/

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #19 of 30

Agree, amp seems to be fine if it works for other devices. DAC will be nice to have whether it solves the issue or not.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #23 of 30
Have you tried lowering the volume on PC (like set it to 1% and make up for it with higher amping)? I'm thinking that you computer might be giving too high voltage to the input of the amp, with some amps it might lead to clipping.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #24 of 30
alright so i tried a new approach. after the suggestion of using the same outlet i tried something tad different. i used power extension to plug to the wall poweroutlet and used my amp power cord to connect to the power extension instead of the outlet wall and the buzz noise is almost not there

Before at volume 20 i could hear the buzz noise
After at volume 50 i could her the buzz noise but it isnt as loud as before so im quite happy now

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #26 of 30
i guess i forgot to let u know aswell that every time my mouse moves theres additional noise., kinda like zzzz noise
while the other noise is constant and jjust regular buzz noise.
but isnt power strip and extension the same thing?  which is what im using now for my amp.
anyway will go ahead ordering a dac now thanks

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #27 of 30
Oops, I was thinking of a power extension cord.

Do you know the workload/percent your CPU is at and the model? Something must be up with the connection or electric noise from computer.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #28 of 30
workload is like at 10% average. my cpu is intel xeon 1240v2 and my motherboard is pretty cheap one. not sure how good the onboard audio chip it is
msi zh77a-g4

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #30 of 30
I had the same problem. It's likely just noise that's amplified via your amp. You won't notice it by plugging headphones directly into your computer. You can fix the problem by buying a DAC, internal or external doesn't matter.

Again, I had this same exact problem and it's likely not a problem with your amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back