Will Creative G5 work for me.
Apr 3, 2018 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rikstaker

New Head-Fier
I am a ps4 gamer. My current setup is Sony Ma 900 connected to earforce dss on dolby bypass(I am not a believer in dolby headphone or any virtual processing, I like lossless, clean clear audio). However Creative g5 has caught my eye, it doesnt decode dolby like x7,so i dont care about that, what i do want is something that will give me equalizer control and a better dac and maybe power a k7xx which i intend to purchase in the future. Will g5 work for my needs?

Apr 4, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 3
I am a ps4 gamer. My current setup is Sony Ma 900 connected to earforce dss on dolby bypass(I am not a believer in dolby headphone or any virtual processing, I like lossless, clean clear audio). However Creative g5 has caught my eye, it doesnt decode dolby like x7,so i dont care about that, what i do want is something that will give me equalizer control and a better dac and maybe power a k7xx which i intend to purchase in the future. Will g5 work for my needs?

You can get EQ control without buying a soundcard and paying for its DSP chip and software, which you don't need since you don't even want virtual surround. if you're on Windows then just install Equalizer APO. You'd have more control as it has both parametric filters with variable Q factor as well as a variable band graphic EQ.

You can spend your money on a DAC-HPamp or separate DAC and HPamp. Look into the Modi2 and Magni3 or Vali2. The amp circuits on these will not have any real problem providing power for the K7XX. Magni3 is actually already overkill for it you're likely barely going to switch over to Class B operation on it.

Apr 4, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the info. it does seem like overkill oince I won't be using all it's features.

Now I am looking at fiio e17k along with an optical to coax convertor. No one seems to have used this with the ps4, so I guess I'll take one for the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back