will burn-in make improvement in frequency response
Nov 11, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #16 of 22
It is worth noting that the performance of an electrical transducer (driver) will vary with temperature. Depending on cone material, there may be a difference in cone performance based on temperature. Temperature-induced phenomina are to a great extent what establishes a noise floor for audio equipment (only audiable when signifigant gain is applied).

That said: None of these should really meet minimum thresholds for hearing, and most such warming occurs within minutes.

There is such a thing as driver (particularly surround) break-in: but again this occurs long before a driver arrives at your house as part of in-factory testing... it takes minutes at most.

What does change is your brain. Your perceptions of something change as you continue to be exposed to it. Manufacturers know this and so discuss "break in".

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
It is worth noting that the performance of an electrical transducer (driver) will vary with temperature. Depending on cone material, there may be a difference in cone performance based on temperature. Temperature-induced phenomina are to a great extent what establishes a noise floor for audio equipment (only audiable when signifigant gain is applied).

That said: None of these should really meet minimum thresholds for hearing, and most such warming occurs within minutes.

There is such a thing as driver (particularly surround) break-in: but again this occurs long before a driver arrives at your house as part of in-factory testing... it takes minutes at most.

What does change is your brain. Your perceptions of something change as you continue to be exposed to it. Manufacturers know this and so discuss "break in".

thanks bro for the valuable answer

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #19 of 22
i have the edifier S730, after burning it in there is defenitly more bass extension thats the only improvement i noticed , the sub can handle 20hz but at a low volume, Here is a video of the logitech z5550 sub and edifier S730 sub playing at the same time, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFObqxD3ANg&feature=related , you can see by the movement of the drivers the edifier is able to play lower frequences at a higher volume than the logitech.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 22
It's supposed to be 23-120 Hz +/-3 dB from manufacturer specs. From my actual in room response, the FR is mostly within +/-3db down to about 25 Hz. I don't really see any irregularity since my room isn't entirely treated. Even if it's fully treated, it's difficult, if not impossible, to get down to +/-5db from 20hz - 20khz since I have a small room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back