Will an amp work for my vacation set-up?
Jul 18, 2006 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Weaves

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am going on vacation soon. I will be bring my Sony HD5 with my Shure e3's. However, I also purchased the following travel speakers:

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...at=HMM&ser=HMM

They have not arrived, so I can't comment about sound yet. However, I want to be able to hear them in a small cottage. I will be taking a ferry to the island, so I bought these for compactness (travel light) over sound quality.

My question is will a portable headphone amp help this set-up?

I know that JBL can make some decent sounding speakers, just not sure if an amp would be overkill for this set-up. I was thinking of a small micro or cmoy mint from Ebay.

Thanks

p.s. Look at the specs. I don't recall ever seeing impedence listed as >10k

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 3
I've listened to those JBLs in Apple stores, but it's so noisy in those stores it's hard to discern how clear bass and treble is when you stand away from them(you know, about 15 pairs of those dock speakers and imacs all making noise, as well as a bunch of kids playing edu-games). So i remember they sounded decent and had good amplitude, but the bass wasn't overwhelming. if you ran ipod headphone out to an amp to the JBL, i think it would sound worse, given the ipod's headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back