Will a transport power cord upgrade improve sound quality?
Aug 26, 2005 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MKAL

100+ Head-Fier
I am wondering if a transport power cord upgrade would improve sound quality. The DVD player transport I am using is connected to a Micro Dac. Also in realtion to cables, I am using a Headroom Cardas mini-mini between my Micro Dac and SR-71; would upgrading this interconnect make a difference or is this cable of a high enough quality for it not to matter? I am thinking about a JMT silver mini-mini.
Thanks.

Aug 26, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 6
Pick up a decent power conditioner instead if you're concerned about that sort of thing.

Aug 26, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 6
A better power cord for your transport might improve the sound quality. It may depend somewhat on your particular system, and the nature of the power at your house, and how sensitive or acute your hearing is to subtle changes, but I have found that an upgraded power cord made a slight improvement with my transport. One idea is to buy on return, try it, and return it if it's not worth it you.

Aug 26, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 6
A upgraded power cord for your transport probably will not appear to make a difference until you first upgrade the power cord on your DAC.

Best Regards,
Michael

Aug 26, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelhwolff
A upgraded power cord for your transport probably will not appear to make a difference until you first upgrade the power cord on your DAC.

Best Regards,
Michael

Good point. I did find that an upgraded power cord on my DAC made a bigger improvement relatively speaking than upgrading the transport's power cord.

Aug 26, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 6
If I may barge in.

Few days ago I upgraded all power cords with DIY terminated Lorad 2.5 cable and there was a change for the better.

What am I trying to say is that it would be best to change all power cords with some "cheaper" shielded power cables and terminate them yourself...that way change will be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back