Will a HDMI splitter put out the same quality as usual HDMI?
Apr 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gbjerke

1000+ Head-Fier
Thinking of buying one to record what's going on on my PS3 while still seeing what I'm doing on the PS3 on my TV. I'll be buying this: Blackmagic Design: Intensity, but just wondered if you guys had a solution to having two HDMI outputs out of the PS3.

Will a splitter do? Will i need a splitter with powersupply? Help me out here.

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 7
hdmi splitters would be fine...since HDMI is a digital connections.... digital simply means 0's and 1's are sent over the cable....so you either get an image or you don't get an image.... thats why there really isn't such a thing as "HIGH-END" hdmi cables.

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 7
HDMI splitters High Definition Multimedia Interface can relay video signals to two or more display devices in about 15 meters. A larger distribution and longer length can be daisy-chain two or more such amplifiers.

Such as DVD player, PS3 game consoles, satellite set-top box HDMI devices for all types of support, these separators. By using this device, the audio and video signal transmission zero of a digital cable signal loss. These support 480p HD resolution HDMI splitter, support 720p, 1080i and 1080p, PC resolution up to 1920 × 1200 ~ 1800MHz and 225MHz bandwidth.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Make sure your splitter is HDCP compatible. This seems to be an issue, especially with content like Bluray's. Of course, you could try the cheapest option first from Monoprice or the like, and then only if that fails do you spend the considerable sum to get a powered HDCP compliant HDMI splitter. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back