Will a GS1000 sound better than an RS1...out of an iPod?
Jul 15, 2009 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Phyltre

New Head-Fier
I have an RS1 set right now. I love it. I love everything except it sits supra-aurally rather than circum-aurally. The GS1000 would fix this problem, and so I want to move up to it.

However, I do not always have an amp around. I tend to take my headphones with me. So my question is, will a GS1000 sound as good as/better than an RS1 from an unamped source such as an iPod? Or would the extra cost not justify the potential benefit?

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 18
Here's an idea.

The GS1000 is a totally different headphone from the RS-1, and nowhere near as universally liked on these boards.

I imagine it will sound totally different from an RS-1, even out of an iPod. Whether it will sound "better" is certainly up to you. You may very well not think it sounds better period, let alone out of an ipod.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 18
I've actually posted about moving up to the bowls but feedback on that was that they Were Not Meant For the RS-1s and so things would get worse rather than better. Of course I don't know firsthand.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's an idea.

The GS1000 is a totally different headphone from the RS-1, and nowhere near as universally liked on these boards.

I imagine it will sound totally different from an RS-1, even out of an iPod. Whether it will sound "better" is certainly up to you. You may very well not think it sounds better period, let alone out of an ipod.

You lucky dog, you...

Congrats on your new purchase!

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You lucky dog, you...

Congrats on your new purchase!

Aw hell yes. How did you know? The forum that shall not be named?

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw hell yes. How did you know? The forum that shall not be named?

Yes, that which shall not be named. I have hope that the wrath of the shovel will come to this place soon.

Jul 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #11 of 18
Definitely not. The RS-1 sounds better than the GS1000 unamped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's put it this way. Do you really want to invest $1000 to listen to an iPod?

Well, that's what I always tell myself when I feel like getting a custom IEM.
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make this thread a poll. I vote NO!

As requested, this thread has now become a poll. Cast your lots, feel the true power of democracy in your hands!

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #14 of 18
No, Neither will sound good on ipod. I didn't like the gs1000 but it deserves a much better stuff than just an ipod.

Jul 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least on the iRiver E10, the RS1 surpasses the GS1000. When amped, it's the opposite.

I second this.

If I had was considering a $1K purchase out of ipod, I'd go for the JH13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back