Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!
May 30, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #211 of 218
anyhow
there are differences ( you can see them on any site that list the different specs , the spe and others ) ; I'm convinced the ps3 will pump out more and more well the the x360 , lil or big more - I don't know
that's likely that dedicated games will reveal more about the ps3 and x360 differences ( or similarities ? .. . )

From the trailers I've seen up to today it's the ps3 trailers I've seen that impress me, the xbox360 do not impress me

let's see what happen when sony is ready to launch ps3 and games ( and x360 will have yet 1 year of games and software developments behind ..)
this will tell us more

May 30, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #213 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
The biggest difference will be that the XBox 360 has a one year head start, we can buy next gen games and play them right now. (and have been for over half a year now).

Perhaps you have, I've been waiting waiting for hardware revs and Halo 3.
biggrin.gif
Of course I didn't buy a PS2 until the slim version came out, and I've never purchased a gamecube - my former roommate had one and I got to play plenty of mariokart, which fullfilled any desire I had for the nintendo market
wink.gif
- so my next gen purchases will be pretty staggered as well.

May 30, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #214 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Perhaps you have, I've been waiting waiting for hardware revs and Halo 3.
biggrin.gif
Of course I didn't buy a PS2 until the slim version came out, and I've never purchased a gamecube - my former roommate had one and I got to play plenty of mariokart, which fullfilled any desire I had for the nintendo market
wink.gif
- so my next gen purchases will be pretty staggered as well.

No need to early adopt, the more you wait, the cheaper things get, but you need a lot patience, since others will be playing while you wait. But if you can wait, more power to ya! YOu can save money that way and spend it on other things like headphone gear.
wink.gif

There is always a price to being on the bleeding edge.

It's in Console gaming, that I like to early adopt.

May 30, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #215 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
No need to early adopt, the more you wait, the cheaper things get, but you need a lot patience, since others will be playing while you wait.

Most of my friends lack the funds to early adopt in this generation of consoles, so that's not too much of a concern.
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #217 of 218
Cool video, certainly shows some possible uses for the controller. I still really hope they don't dumb down controls because of it though, or abuse it as a sometimes-gimmick where you're just playing the game and run into <use controller strangely here> moments.

May 30, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #218 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec
Cool video, certainly shows some possible uses for the controller. I still really hope they don't dumb down controls because of it though, or abuse it as a sometimes-gimmick where you're just playing the game and run into <use controller strangely here> moments.

Don't worry, they dumb down the games to accomodate the controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back