Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!
May 9, 2006 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 218

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
After Sony's abyssmal press conference, Nintendo had a much better showing in their press conference. Reggie being the showman as always. (he always looks just on the edge of being angry, LOL).

I must say, I am pleasantly surprised by the Wii-mote control, and features.

But of course, WHAT'S THE PRICE, NINTENDO!!!!!!??????!!!!!????

Well, there are three more full days of E3 left for them to announce that one.

Sony's laughable $500 and $600 price points are probably having Nintendo thinking more.

-Ed

May 9, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 218
The price isnt laughable to me, I want a Blu-ray DVD player and they start at $1000. The PS3 plays blu-ray, its $500 cheaper, and It plays games!. Super sweet...

May 9, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 218
DVD players were also fairly expensive at one point but can now be had for ~$50. Blu-Ray will make the same drop. Ignoring the first adopter penalty, companies are currently using very expensive general purpose processors for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD playback. Eventually, it'll migrate to FPGAs and then ASICs, which is when you'll see the price drop very quickly. Anyways, this is a Wii thread.

I want to see a ~$200 price for Wii. Should be easily doable based on hardware specs, and it would make an excellent second system. Especially when you throw in all the downloadable legacy system games.

May 9, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trance-Addict
The price isnt laughable to me, I want a Blu-ray DVD player and they start at $1000. The PS3 plays blu-ray, its $500 cheaper, and It plays games!. Super sweet...

word.

May 9, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 218
Quote:

Yeah but remember, it's primarily a gaming box that a lot of kids just aren't gonna get at that price. The masses don't even know what blu-ray is yet, and even when they do are not necessarily going to jump to get it. ...are they trying to give up marketshare?!?
confused.gif

May 9, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 218
Well, Sony's already won me over. I have to say I'm a little bit of a Playstation fanboy, but I DID give the 360 a shot. It's just the game library of the Playstation appeals much more to me... plus, Blu-Ray with the PS3 gives me another reason to justify buying it to my girlfriend. Anybody see that Penny-Arcade comic? Yeah. It's like that.
wink.gif

May 9, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 218
Is the controller officially called the Wiimote, or is that just a nickname it's garnered? Because if it's official, just ROFLMAO x 1000. I don't think it's bad, just hilarious. It sure is fun to say though, "Wiimote," hehe.
tongue.gif

May 9, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #10 of 218
Who the hell came up with the name "Wii"?!

May 9, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #12 of 218
So how are we supposed to say this?

"Hey, wanna come over and play with my Wii?"

"Oh man, I was playing this new game on my Wii yesterday.. it was amazing!"

"I dunno, I like the green Wii better."

Is it possible to talk about this console without feeling atleast alittle dirty?

May 9, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 218
My wii is on fire!

Oh yeah, my nintendo seems to be smoking too.

May 9, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #15 of 218
Quote:

I completely agree.

I'm having a very hard time understanding how $399 for the 360 premium system is no big deal to most people, yet another $200 for the Sony with Blu-ray capabilites is somehow unspeakable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back