Wife's Christmas gift - in ear with mic for android and ipad
Dec 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

c670809

New Head-Fier
Let me start by saying thank you for your help. I've read a lot but am more lost now than when I started reading :wink:.

My wife would like a new set of in ear headsets with microphone for Christmas. She currently has a 10 year old pair of Bose in ear's that she loves but they are falling apart. Although Bose gets great reviews on Amazon, from my reading here it seems like the only Bose people like are the noise canceling ones. A microphone is important but sound quality is more important.

I would like to keep the price under $200 but could go more if I need too. 

Here is where it gets hard for me, she uses an android phone and an ipad. For music and calls she listens to the android phone (S3) and she watches TV and movies on  her Ipad. It seems like they use different controllers?

Her music tastes are eclectic, ranging from country to rock and some gospel. 

Wishlist:
Microphone
Good quality sound 
Longevity

Here are ones that have come up in my research:
Etymotic Research ER2
Klipsch Image S4A
Ultimate Ears 600
Bose MIE2 
Shure 215 or 315

I prefer to buy from Amazon but will look elsewhere if needed. 

I don't listen to music, so I have no idea what some of the words people are tossing around mean. I look up the definition but still don't really understand. If my podcast sounds good then I am happy :wink: . . . so it makes it hard for me to choose for my wife because she loves music. 

I'm open to suggestions. 

Once again, thank you for taking the time to help me.

Matt

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 3
Dec 18, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 3
I suggest the Bose MIE2 because 1) it is unlikely your wife is an audiophile 2) most girls like brand-namey things like bose 3) the MIE2's wingtip design is SUPER comfy!!!! prob the thing she would notice most is comfort after she sees the bose brand name.

if you get her some random-brand audiophile loved headphones, she'll smile & say thank you, but she won't be like omg bose, you are the best honey!!! 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back