Wife-Fi
Nov 15, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by blip
I've managed to turn my SO into quite a little speaker audiophile...
580smile.gif

Wow, you too? Mine was giggling like a little school girl when I set up my new Paradigm's and reciever yesterday!
biggrin.gif

All she wanted to do was sit and listen to music all afternoon and evening. And I was sooo excited when I heard her say, "You know what, you were right...they DO look a lot sexier with the grills off."...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajt976
Yea, I thought I was going to get away with that when I was looking for a pair of IEM's...but after my purty new Ety ER4P's arrived she immediately fell in love. Long story short, she stole my newest toy's and then burned me again when she made me buy her a new mp3 player to go with them...
frown.gif

Talk about low! SHE ended up with the upgrade, and then some!
biggrin.gif

Wow, are you dating my wife?
biggrin.gif
Sounds like the way it always works out for me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajt976
Wow, you too? Mine was giggling like a little school girl when I set up my new Paradigm's and reciever yesterday!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by blip
I've managed to turn my SO into quite a little speaker audiophile... But, alas, headphones still elude her.

Why am I getting a clear impression you aen't married yet. Mine was like that before we were married... Boy, do you have a surprise in store waiting for you!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakets
How about GF-FI, if so i feel your pain.

I feel it every day (an actual conversation):
GF: "Who are you talking to now, your geeky friends? I can't believe I'm going out with a geek!"
Me: "No, baby, they are not geeks, they just know great audio"
GF: "OK you like Star Trek right?"
Me: "Yup."
GF: "You carry around all these gadgets."
Me: "Well, they're useful gadgets, though."
GF: "You always seem to be around a computer, right."
Me: "uh uhhh"
GF: "And you would die without the internet - you could not deal with it."
Me: "Hey I did when you forced me to go to Atlantic City."
GF: "it made you crazy"
Me: "yeah"
GF: "YOU ARE A GEEK"
Me: "Can I ask you something? If I let you call me a geek, will you let me post some more on the internet?"
GF: "Only if you fix my computer"
icon10.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #19 of 28
When I read "Wife-Fi" I got a bit of a different impression. I thought this may have been a thread about knowing which women will offer immediate satisfaction, and which ones will be as bad as the day you got it, even though you let them burn in for 200 hours...
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx
lol

nice - my girlfriend's mom is getting interconnects and cables from me for christmas, so she's not alone!

on the topic of gf-fi, her christmas present is a base millett hybrid and a set of ms1's. And a few more personal gifts
wink.gif

I want to introduce you to my husband...........
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
My GF has taken permanent possession of my Grado 225. I'm not sure if this is a good thing.

It's a bad thing if you are poor...

I gave my gf a pair of PX100s.... and now... eventhough she's not my gf anymore, she wants my HD570s, since I just got a set of HD595s...

They will want to just keep upgrading, and bug you until they get it...

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Why am I getting a clear impression you aren't married yet. Mine was like that before we were married... Boy, do you have a surprise in store waiting for you!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lol, not quite but might as well be. And please don't scare me...I hate surprises, especially ones of this apparently sinister nature!
confused.gif
I mean how bad are we talking here?
eek.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #23 of 28
I started the wife off with the MX500 w/ RS foamies. Though she liked them a lot they did not fit well so I decided to get her the Sony d66s. Happy girl!!!

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #24 of 28
I bought my girlfriend D-22's and while she likes the sound she doesn't really use them because she likes throwing earbuds on. She hates IEM's though so I don't really know what to do for her,

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #25 of 28
How about this... My GF is stuck on the DT770..Beyer - No matter what-
I tried:
SA5000
CD3000
ATH-W100
DT880 (prior fav)
RS-1
HD650
STAX 303
Senn HE60
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Different amps, crossfeed....etc
I think she's a closet basshead....

Oh, man. Great thread ~

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #28 of 28
luckily my girl has enjoyed all the cans i gave to her. she started off with the ksc35 and now she's using the ms1 but luckily she doesn't have upgradeitis...or at least i don't think she does.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back