Wife-Fi
Nov 14, 2005 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
do you have the urge to upgrade your wife or s.o.'s headphones? i got my wife some sony ex70 and she loved them. so much she refuses to even listen to anything else. so why do i still have the urge to push better headphones on her? "just tryyyy them", i say. nope. she has a sound she likes and is sticking to it. maybe she saw me as a cautionary tale and decided that upgrading leads to poverty and insanity. maybe i just want to drag her down to my level. maybe she's just a lot smarter than me.
lambda.gif
naw.

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #3 of 28
This is how I read that post: "Do you have the urge to upgrade your wife? STOP Or do you have the urge to upgrade your s.o.'s headphones?" I was half betting that this was a lead into a mail order bride catalog endorsement.

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
This is how I read that post: "Do you have the urge to upgrade your wife? STOP Or do you have the urge to upgrade your s.o.'s headphones?" I was half betting that this was a lead into a mail order bride catalog endorsement.

Yeah i was forced to re-read the first sentence a few times myself.
orphsmile.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

lmao i thought the title was "wifi" about wireless internet or something...wife-fi wireless wife...interesting how you read things and do a double take like huh?!
blink.gif
this reminded me of this in a weird sorta way http://v-girl.com/ lol

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

just...awesome. i knew there was a reason for other people.

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #8 of 28
I gave my wife a pair of AT buds because she wanted the cutest ones out there that match her Mini iPod. And since those buds still are the cutest, she feels no need to upgrade. I tried em on recently - yep, still no bass.

Nov 14, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #10 of 28
Here's a good trick: When YOU need an upgrade, you can tell a story about giving the old ones to the wife as a gift! I got away with that once
icon10.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Here's a good trick: When YOU need an upgrade, you can tell a story about giving the old ones to the wife as a gift! I got away with that once
icon10.gif

Unfortunately my last three portable cans were The Mule, the HF-1, and the SR325i. Not a cute can in the bunch.
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
icon10.gif

Yea, I thought I was going to get away with that when I was looking for a pair of IEM's...but after my purty new Ety ER4P's arrived she immediately fell in love. Long story short, she stole my newest toy's and then burned me again when she made me buy her a new mp3 player to go with them...
frown.gif

Talk about low! SHE ended up with the upgrade, and then some!
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #13 of 28
I've managed to turn my SO into quite a little speaker audiophile... But, alas, headphones still elude her.

Not that I'm complaining! How many other women consider cables a valid anniversary present?
580smile.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 10:00 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by blip
I've managed to turn my SO into quite a little speaker audiophile... But, alas, headphones still elude her.

Not that I'm complaining! How many other women consider cables a valid anniversary present?
580smile.gif

lol

nice - my girlfriend's mom is getting interconnects and cables from me for christmas, so she's not alone!

on the topic of gf-fi, her christmas present is a base millett hybrid and a set of ms1's. And a few more personal gifts
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back