Wierd ear problem
Jan 31, 2008 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

walls

100+ Head-Fier
I have a fast pulsing or low tone fluttering sound coming from my right ear, I have slight tinnitus but have never had this before. Any ideas? Thanks!

Jan 31, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 8
lay off the headphones for a while and see what happens.

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by walls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a fast pulsing or low tone fluttering sound coming from my right ear, I have slight tinnitus but have never had this before. Any ideas? Thanks!

Tinnitus isn't just high pitch sound in your ear, tinnitus can also be a fluttering or pulsing sound. Not being an ENT, I'm guessing you may just have aggravated your tinnitus. I'd also recommend seeing the doctor.

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by walls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's an alien implant.
tongue.gif

No seriously...
Wow. I thought no one else had this. The ENT told me a long time ago that I was nuts and that I couldn't possibly hear my eardrum vibrate. High pitched sounds like microwave beeps and alarm clocks (around the 3kHz range) cause this to happen in my right ear. I've had this for about 10 years and sometimes it gets painful. Sometimes it's very noticeable and sometimes it's hardly noticeable. I'm sure smoking doesn't help.

I perforated my ear drum several times when I had my car stereo. The harsh treble at certain points literally tore through my ear drum and I could feel it rip. I have three small scars on my right ear drum. Ear infections could be responsible for part of it, too.

What I think it could be:

1) Scar tissue resonating at certain frequencies
2) Damage to the bones
3) Alien implant
tongue.gif

If your eardrum is doing this randomly and it has nothing to do with certain frequencies, it could just be an involuntary muscle spasm. Don't forget, your eardrum is made out of muscle fibers.

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #7 of 8
Its been pretty constant since last night. It doesnt hurt and there is no pressure or anything like that. It changes from almost silent to pretty loud.

I will say this about my cans though, I literally ONLY listen at night when I go to bed and it is quiet enough that I can hear the cieling fan through my music. I limit the volume like that at all times because I do not want to make my tinnitus any worse. Surely listening at these low volumes cant be causing any trouble can it??

Also I am gonna give it another day and if it persists I will indeed see the Doc.
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, not listening to headphones is not the answer.

See a doctor. This is the answer.

What? He may have been listening too loudly or too much, so if he lays off the headphones and it goes away in a day or two, he's fine.

If it doesn't, then he should see a doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back