Wierd and Wild Stuff, Ed
Feb 10, 2002 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zoboomofo

1000+ Head-Fier
I just had to get this off of my chest here, but I've been off the web for a couple of days, and now I've returned to see wierd **** straight outta the Twilight Zone. First there's the passionate political discussion on Audio Asyum that started from a Chinese cd player, and then a language issue on these boards. Is this just a coincidence, or is there a Chinese invasion
tongue.gif
? I wonder if any of the new folks could explain this apparent surge in Chinese activity on the web. Anyway, it'd be a shame if we had to keep duking it out especially when the Olympics are on - you know, with that international community and peace theme and all.

spelling edit. heh

Feb 10, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 4
There are 1.5 billion chinese people IN CHINA. Does that help explain it? And there are over 1 billion Indian people. Over half of the entire population of the world resides somewhere in Asia. 96% of the worlds population growth occurs in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. The USA accounts for 5% of the total world population... and even less of the total growth. In the future it'll be amazing to just meet an American online.

Feb 10, 2002 at 7:19 AM Post #4 of 4
How about that ai? And I'm Chinese. Whoa, we're everywhere
biggrin.gif
! No but seriously, that question was sorta my wondering out loud about this recent arguing on frivolous boards (well this is a hobby). Well after reading the entire thread about setting guidelines on language (all 5 pages), I'm a little less worried, and I too feel this stuff has been blown out of proportion. Its a shame to lose a member, but Jude is right. He's the admin, and he needs to control these boards, so how can you do that if you can't understand the guests? Nobody's censoring anybody. We're just trying to keep the language manageable. < / beatdeadhorse >.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back