Width of mounting screws for dynalo
Nov 11, 2005 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

robzy

500+ Head-Fier
What width to make mounting holes for a dynalo + 2 treads.

To try and explain what in earth im talking about im gonna try out some ascii art, so bare with me.

Case footprint:
Code:

Code:
[left]______________________________________________________ | ______ ______ | | |o t o| |o t o| | | | r | | r | | | | e | | e | | | | a | | a | | | |o_d__o| |o_d__o| | | __________________ | | |o o| | | | | | | | Dynalo | | | | | | | | | | | |o________________o| | | | |_____________________________________________________|[/left]

My questing is how far appart should i drill the holes for the screws in the bottom of my case (represented by the "o"s). What should the spacing be for a Dynalo and for TREAD boards?

Is there anyway i can do this in order to allow for a certain fudge factor? So i dont go drilling the holes, and then finding out that they are 1mm too far appart and i cant fit the boards in.

Thanks,
Rob.

Nov 11, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Haha, smartarse
wink.gif

Anyway, i did measure with a ruler, as well as a vernometer(?) but i dont know whether im measuring from the centre of each hole or not.

I would imagine that if im 1mm off the center of the screwhole, when i go to screw it in it wont fit - would i be correct in that assumption?

Rob.

Nov 11, 2005 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 7
so drill the holes with a bit 0.5mm bigger then you would normally. that way you have 1mm on each side. measure twice then measure four more times then drill once. use a square to line everything up. plus the holes on the board will give you some room for error. just use a square to make sure everything's on the right angle

Nov 11, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by robzy
Anyway, i did measure with a ruler, as well as a vernometer(?) but i dont know whether im measuring from the centre of each hole or not.

Don't measure from the center of the hole, measure from the edges. The distance from the closest edge of one hole to the farthest edge of the other is the same as the center-center distance
smily_headphones1.gif
(I hope this explanation makes sense)

/U.

Nov 13, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 7
What I do is to lay the boards on the bottom of the chassis. Move them around until you have them situated right. Mark the holes with a sharpie and then use a center punch to mark where to drill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back