Wide selection store in NY area? anyone know one?
Jun 3, 2007 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ubgone

New Head-Fier
I live in NY (queens) I would like to go to listen to different types of headphones so I could decide with which to go with...
I'm looking for a store which will have a huge selection of headphones in my area... and if that store will also keep Etymotic ER6i then that will be great because they are my fav right now (even though I never used then) and I really like to try them out.

THANKS!

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastercheif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J&R has all of the Grados up until the RS-2 I believe, but they are at a big listing station with no way to tell what the source is or change it.

thanks.

anyone else?

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 5
B&H has a wide selection, though there isn't really a listening station and it's kinda loud in there. But if you intend to buy, you can audition cans with 30-day refund.

The Grado lineup is available at Sound By Singer in Union Square. They'll allow you to bring in your own source and amp to set up at the listening station, which is just a rack of Grado phones in the hallway.

I think meets are by far the best method to try out a wide assortment of phones. Mini meets are excellent for more critical listening.

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastercheif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J&R has all of the Grados up until the RS-2 I believe, but they are at a big listing station with no way to tell what the source is or change it.

They are all plugged in this large distribution amp and sound horrible. I've never heard any amp/source even portable headphone out as horrible as what they use. Better to persuade them to let you open one up and try them with your own dap or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back