Wich one for Ipod touch without portable amp?
Jun 20, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #16 of 19
Thanks for all the great replies thusfar
smily_headphones1.gif
A lot of bass is not exactly what I'm looking for because not everything I listen to will benefit from it. I like a clear sound (like I heard in the AKGs) but that the bass isn't overwhelming too much but it should be there enough (I know this is kinda personal to everyone). I think that the ATH-M50 or HFI 780 will fit that perfectly. Can someone confirm this for me?

The denon 1001 is hard to find for me and the es7 is probably to expensive...

Jun 20, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #18 of 19
Maybe check out the Sony MDR-V6. It's identical to the 7506, except that the 7506s have a gold plug and are aimed at a pro market, while the V6 has a silver plug and is marketed towards consumers. You can usually find the V6 for a much cheaper price. I've not actually compared the two, not having heard the 7506s, but there have been multiple threads here and elsewhere (do a little digging if you like) with pretty much the same conclusion as to similarities. You won't get a bass emphasis from these headphones, but they're good out of an ipod, are extremely durable, closed, and also quite decent sounding, with a balanced presentation and nice detail.

Jun 21, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #19 of 19
The hfi780s have exaggerated bass, more so than the m50 from my unamped comparisons, although this is the idea - the 780 is tweaked for films and games, and from what ive read the hfi680 is more balanced and aimed more at music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back