Wi-Fi Questions
Nov 1, 2003 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all! My father has an HP iPAQ PocketPC 2003 edition PDA. Is there such a thing as a Compact Flash or Secure Digital Wi-Fi card that can not only communicate using 802.11b but A or G protocols as well (you know, 54MB/S transfer rates)? He's got this AmbiCom Compact CF card but the thing only works with the 802.11b protocol; I've got a Linksys cable modem and two routers; one of which is an 802.11 B/G 2.4GHz model. I'm having a pickle of a time trying to find discussion boards that can point me to another Wi-Fi card made for his particular PDA that supports 802.11 A/G as well as the default B protocol. Unless you know how to hook up his current AmbiCom Compact CF card while using 802.11G protocol & WPA-PSK with the AES algorithm, well, thanks a lot!

Nov 1, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Eventually one will be put out, but I can't find any evidence of one.

Nov 1, 2003 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Welly Wu
Yes, I know but thanks for your answer. I guess they will roll out with such cards for my dad's beloved PDA next year...

It is not completely clear to me -- I doubt the iPAQ could actually process information at 11g speeds. 11b is the lingua franca of wireless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back