Why this happens?
Sep 7, 2019 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

greenarrow

100+ Head-Fier
My few days old Magni developed problem when using with the DT880 Pro and ATH-M50x :triportsad:. The volume coming out from the Magni is very soft on the H setting. Needs to turn up the volume to nearly 3/4 to hear reasonable level of audio. This applied also to the ATH-M50x on the L setting. This really let me down on their claim of 'assembled in the USA' product. My FX-Audio DAC-X6 from China works without any problem on my headphones. Schiit will replace the faulty one when I do a RMA exchange. This is very troublesome from me as I'm from Singapore and there is no local agent here.

I go for Schiit when looking for DAC/Phone Amp after reading the good feedback/reviews from YouTube and the various Audiophile fourms. Have to start all over again to source for a better headphone amp.

The Modi 3 works without any problem and I really enjoy the audio coming from my Edifier R2000DB speakers.

Sep 8, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 2
Why this happens?

My few days old Magni developed problem when using with the DT880 Pro and ATH-M50x :triportsad:. The volume coming out from the Magni is very soft on the H setting. Needs to turn up the volume to nearly 3/4 to hear reasonable level of audio. This applied also to the ATH-M50x on the L setting. This really let me down on their claim of 'assembled in the USA' product. My FX-Audio DAC-X6 from China works without any problem on my headphones. Schiit will replace the faulty one when I do a RMA exchange. This is very troublesome from me as I'm from Singapore and there is no local agent here.

I go for Schiit when looking for DAC/Phone Amp after reading the good feedback/reviews from YouTube and the various Audiophile fourms. Have to start all over again to source for a better headphone amp.

The Modi 3 works without any problem and I really enjoy the audio coming from my Edifier R2000DB speakers.

Ummm...statistics and randomness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back