Why the hell cant audio-gd do THIS ??
May 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #16 of 25
Actually the Meridian site is telling nothing about their technology. It looks to me pretty "light" because I know their product for a long time and they are really bad at promotting it on this website IMHO. There are only two photos badly taken of their kit, a small paragraph telling nothing about the technology, it's ridiculous... I am used to the old time Meridian (pre 2000), when I contacted them to have a tech assistance with an old speaker overheating and they sent right away a full electronic diagram and their full paper brochure (those are really nice by the way)... Old customer support was so great, nowadays it's modern times...

PS: I agree Audio GD product designation is utterly confusing!
Quote:
OK, so that makes Meridian crap kit, right ? By your logic, most of the big speaker manufacturers are building crap and should close their doors immediately. 

I've never been to this site before, but decided I should check it out as they build relatively few products each year. High quality, highly desired products that have to perform in the real world, To my surprise, their website looks nothing like audio-gd site ....

http://www.ferrari.com.au/cars.php

Spend five minutes on that site and tell me you don't feel something resembling lust, even if you would never spend that kind of money on a penis extension.

My advice to the apologists is to quit while you're behind. 

May 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

PS: I agree Audio GD product designation is utterly confusing!

Finally, we can agree on something.  
biggrin.gif

I cut the other part of  your post out to make it clear what it was I agreed with. I dont know much about Meridian other than the fact that they seem to have done what Bang & Olufsen/Bose and others might only dream of - bridging the gap between the luxury lifestyle market and serious audiophilia. To be fair, I've formed that opinion based largely on print magazines, so it could be totally misguided. One things is certain - they arent afraid to charge serious money for their kit. 

May 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #18 of 25
I'd like to thank whomever at audio-gd is responsible for this:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Products-EN.htm

Still a little more crayon than I would personally like, but a MASSIVE improvement on their previous site. Bravo

Now, Ray, about that website of yours Amigo ..... 

(to the Luddites who suggested that they couldnt possibly live without the tech details on the old audio-gd pages, note that all that precious information has been retained in the new layout:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-1/Master-1EN_Tech.htm

)

May 18, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #20 of 25
Might as well I use this simple website as comparison:

http://www5.mercedes-benz.com/en/

And you know how much have to be spent to have that kind of website? those expenses goes to the product cost, you know that, right?

May 18, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #21 of 25
That Merc site is simple to make, but I found it unresponsive, a bit irratic and it seemed to contain no information on any of the products. Keep in mind with cars you're generally going to see them in person first. I highly doubt anyone has ever seen an "Audio-GD Showroom" :p

May 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:
Might as well I use this simple website as comparison:

http://www5.mercedes-benz.com/en/

And you know how much have to be spent to have that kind of website? those expenses goes to the product cost, you know that, right?

Gee, I kinda do know that, but have you actually spent any time at all checking out the 'new' audio-gd site and wondering what the difference is from the old site ? There is no Flash - its a nice, old-fashioned static site  - it has simply been rejigged to make the information that was already there considerably more accessible. New visitors can now find what they want a lot more quickly and easily - Ray could do the same  thing in considerably less than a week. Cost ? Please, dont make me laugh - audio-gd arent paying a web developer in the US or Europe the equivalent of 90 dollars an hour ...... As I said from the start, a first-year CS or IT major could fix the old site. Amortize the cost over the 4 or so years that the site sat untouched and I dont think its going to send Kingwa to the wall.

Its been a few years since I've had to cut code for a living, but sites like that just aren't rocket science. Some basic Javascript and a few tables - childs play. Check out the 'Shopping Cart'  
rolleyes.gif

May 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #23 of 25
The AudioGD site is good, what's your problem with it, other than the engrish? It has HQ photos, a lot of details about the gear, clean layout, updated price list. It has everything you need.

Most boutique / hifi companies have no prices and crap pictures. Oh, and they have useless Flash animations and a layout that's so clean, they cleaned all the information along with it.

May 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:
The AudioGD site is good, what's your problem with it, other than the engrish? It has HQ photos, a lot of details about the gear, clean layout, updated price list. It has everything you need.
Most boutique / hifi companies have no prices and crap pictures. Oh, and they have useless Flash animations and a layout that's so clean, they cleaned all the information along with it.

It looks like they have made some modifications to the site. Last month i was looking at the NFB-12 page and it was a bit confusing. 

May 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

As of 20/5/2012, I have no problem with it other than the farcical inclusion of the 'Shopping-Cart-That-Isnt' - a week prior, it was a complete mess. Go back and read Project85's comment on the first page of this thread - he summed it up nicely. Whatever lit the fire under Kingwa has prompted him to clean up the layout and revamp the Chinglish product descriptions - as I said in my earlier post, Bravo. I have copies of earlier product pages I downloaded for reference purposes, but I'm not going to copy and paste any of that when its clear that, one way or another, someone at audio-gd got the message. 

As I said in my OP, this isnt about the product - its about the way that product was being presented to potential customers. iBasso's site may be slicker, but the new audio-gd site seems perfectly functional bar the lack of a shopping cart, and I accept that the addition of such a cart DOES cost money. Peace out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back