Why Sansa?
Jun 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 26
Also, it's got 2 if the smallest DAPs available. The Clip, which is about 1/4th the size of an iPod classic and the Fuze, which is about 2/3s the size of the iPod. Really easy to put in your pocket.

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #7 of 26
Courtesy of dfkt at ABI - here is the Clip and Clip + frequency response:

And here it is compared to some of the worst examples of digital audio players frequency response-wise:

Cross talk-wise it's not so impressive, but still beats some much more expensive players:

Admittedly the iPhone 3G does show how much better it could be in that area:

But for a portable player it is overall exceptional.

Many expensive portable amps don't manage a frequency response that flat - and it costs you £25 and can fit in any pocket or clip to anything...

Jun 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #9 of 26
I take dkft's FR with a grain of salt, I would trust my ears than that chart.  The flat response is not true frequency response with headphones at load(or it is not measured data of headphone output, so it's not useful at all), I'm guessing he loaded with a resistor.  Headphone transducer is an inductor, you will not get a flat response with that.  I think at no load, any DAP will get a flat response.  It's probably best to get an understanding of the graph, how it's measured, and it actually represents what you hear.
wink_face.gif

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #11 of 26
ER-4P is a very fair IEM.  Sounds like a great choice.  It's my fav universal.  It sounds great given the right source.  You said you have comparison?  You have graphs using ER-4P?

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #12 of 26

Quote:
I take dkft's FR with a grain of salt, I would trust my ears than that chart.  The flat response is not true frequency response with headphones at load(or it is not measured data of headphone output, so it's not useful at all), I'm guessing he loaded with a resistor.  Headphone transducer is an inductor, you will not get a flat response with that.  I think at no load, any DAP will get a flat response.  It's probably best to get an understanding of the graph, how it's measured, and it actually represents what you hear.
wink_face.gif

Yes he does use a 16ohm load, you can see that by looking at the chart. If I remember rightly he always uses V-Moda vibe for the 16ohm load.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #13 of 26
That could be the case, but I've seen his graphs state if it is a IEM that is loaded.  It's hard for me to believe that graph is with transducer loaded.  If you look at NWAVguy's FR graph, the flat response is the one with a resistive load, not the headphone.  I would like to see FR measurements from another person other than dkft to see if his graphs are indeed measured correctly and reliable.  NWAVguy's measurements have more credibility since it is all explained in detail, and he talks about how it was measured, etc. Just by looking at dkft's graph, it doesn't look like accurate tools were used, it makes a huge difference in the kind of equipment that is used for the measurements.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:
That could be the case, but I've seen his graphs state if it is a IEM that is loaded.  It's hard for me to believe that graph is with transducer loaded.  If you look at NWAVguy's FR graph, the flat response is the one with a resistive load, not the headphone.  I would like to see FR measurements from another person other than dkft to see if his graphs are indeed measured correctly and reliable.  NWAVguy's measurements have more credibility since it is all explained in detail, and he talks about how it was measured, etc. Just by looking at dkft's graph, it doesn't look like good tools were used, it makes a huge difference in the kind of measurement tools are used.

I don't know the "v-moda" thing is from vague memory so don't quote me on it, maybe it is a resistor. 

If you have questions about his graphs you should ask him, rather than speculate on the issue.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #15 of 26
I just found this one on his site which specifies a V-Moda Vibe explicitly:

Again, if you have questions about his graphs, go and respectfully ask him, don't question their integrity publicly without checking first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back