Why not beats by Dre?
Oct 22, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #16 of 96
http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch?search=beats+by+dre+alternatives

Took about 3 seconds. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #17 of 96
What is your budget?

This will help us in giving advice and steering you towards certain models, plus do you only want new, or are you happy to purchase used headphones, you'll find you get a lot more for your money that way!

Maybe stuff like 'Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro' that has a bass adjustment feature, or something from the Ultrazone range (they also do a DJ headphone) possibly!!!

Denon AH D2000 or AH D5000 models have good bass, but not the sort of bass that you get from a Beats headphone...:wink:
(both of the above Denon models will be used purchases, no longer produced)

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #18 of 96
Look at this thread as well. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #19 of 96
Thanks Homage,

Budget is about 300-400US,

I listen to mainly Rap and Hip Hop.

Thanks for the v-moda suggestion, I did like those when I listened to them.

I would be open to second hand.

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #20 of 96
Also be aware that as well as getting a better quality headphone (normally) when buying used, you can improve the phones even more with a few simple mods (damping for example) to give you even tighter controlled bass, will depend on the model you end up buying if this is going to be possible though...

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #22 of 96
V-moda 100's are great. are you going to be using these on the go? 

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #26 of 96

They're still not THAT bad when it comes to the bass, and overall they're one of the best headphones in that price range.

dude are you kidding me? you have like three posts here. Beats would be a bad deal for a hundred dollars.to say that 3-4 hundred dollars for a pair of beats and calling it a good deal is like burning your money to try and invest it.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #27 of 96

They're still not THAT bad when it comes to the bass, and overall they're one of the best headphones in that price range.

I think I just shed a tear... 

But seriously, there are a countless amount of headphones better than the Beats at and under the price range at bass alone.  Forget about overall.

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #28 of 96
  dude are you kidding me? you have like three posts here. Beats would be a bad deal for a hundred dollars.to say that 3-4 hundred dollars for a pair of beats and calling it a good deal is like burning your money to try and invest it.

I think I just shed a tear... 

But seriously, there are a countless amount of headphones better than the Beats at and under the price range at bass alone.  Forget about overall.

Pretty sure Donten was talking about the DT880s...

Also, the OP stated he wanted unamped.

Go for the Beyer COP as it will do what you want and run out of your iPhone unassisted.

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #30 of 96
That would make more sense, but the DT880's bass isnt bad at all. The DT880 just doesnt have enough bass or volume to satisfy OP I presume.

Especially not without an amplifier.

And with it being an open (or semi-open) headphone, the OP will not get the bass impact they are looking for either.

Cheap solution: JVC HA-R55X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back