Why not beats by Dre?
Dec 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #76 of 96
short summary on the beats hate: all about brand, fashion and overpriced. sound quality doesn't match the massive prices (or simply crap), people who say they have good sound are comparing them to things like apple earbuds and haven't listened to anything else, poor build quality.
short summary on the beats defense: amazing bass, look so cool (I personally couldn't care less), official headphones of many celebs (I think), sound quality is excellent (a hard argument to use as bad sound quality is the main reason for the hate), build quality improved.

Now, you could probably tell that I dislike beats. Well I do cause beats do not match my needs. The target market for beats are people who are NOT audiophiles and are fashion conscious and likes to impress friends. Im quite the opposite of the target market, I couldn't care less about its style and brand. Although credits for the marketeers for somehow making beats popular.

Beats defenders is to haters as a stereotypical teenager is to James May (look him up if you don't know who he is).

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #77 of 96
Beats are garbage and thats that. Sony XB500. ATH-Pro700. Beyer DT770. V-Moda M100. Ultrasone 580,780,900. Truth is these headphone I listed are waaaay cheaper than $400 but everything here has more bass than beats and are worlds ahead. Check out these ATH-Pro700 MK2 ANNIVERSERY. For $400 they have huge bass and sound 10x better than beats and the gold plates look AMAZING. If your looking to impress then those are the way to go. http://audio-technica.com.au/limited-edition-audio-technica-50th-anniversary-stock/

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #78 of 96
This thread is made up almost entirely of rudeness, unqualified statements, and other generic pointless bickering. I am not surprised the OP left, most of you completely failed to be helpful in any way (especially those on the first page who did nothing but attack the OP).

Also, if there is a headphone anyone should have recommended, it is the Logitech UE6000. At $90, nothing comes close to touching it, especially for rap (which it has the perfect voicing for).

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #80 of 96
popcorn.gif

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #81 of 96
  Beats by Dre usually increase bass by something like 20 dB, making it muddy and artificial.. If you want a good set of headphones, get the Audio Technica ATH M50s.. They're a bargain and the build quality is amazing.

The M50s are awfully uncomfortable for me. And see here:

The circuit board of the Beats Studios mainly uses two ICs to achieve the unique Beats EQ effect - the Maxim Integrated MAX4410EUD+ 141 and two ON Semiconductor MC33202 (ALGW?) ICs. The Maxim provides a -3 dB high-pass filter to decrease treble (thereby increasing perceived bass). I'm not sure what is responsible for the ANC though, the 33202's look like they're independent amps driving the left and right channels.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #82 of 96
  Beats defenders is to haters as a stereotypical teenager is to James May (look him up if you don't know who he is).

Hmm interesting comparison. Almost as interesting as my Sennheiser HD800 vs. Beats Studio comparison. Almost.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #83 of 96
Dec 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #87 of 96
  This thread is made up almost entirely of rudeness, unqualified statements, and other generic pointless bickering. I am not surprised the OP left, most of you completely failed to be helpful in any way (especially those on the first page who did nothing but attack the OP).

Also, if there is a headphone anyone should have recommended, it is the Logitech UE6000. At $90, nothing comes close to touching it, especially for rap (which it has the perfect voicing for).

I'm not a Beats fan, for the same as many on this forum that can recognise they're a rip off behind a clever marketing strategy. I applaud this guy for recognising it, and reaching for help. Poor guy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back