Why no love for Sansa View...
Jan 17, 2008 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

plywood99

100+ Head-Fier
Traded my Vibez in for a Sansa view 16gig couple months ago Vibez was running short and memory and needed a new player. To my surprise the View is quite nice! I only use it for audio so no say on the other features. But the radio feature has the cleanest playback and best reception of ANY dap I have had.

Anyway, I really like the View. Hooked up with my SE420's and a little custom EQ'ing it sounds great. Firmware is still a little buggy, but hopefull Sandisk will keep it up to date.

Anyone else a Sansa View owner? What do you think of the player???

Ply

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 20
i own an E260, the view's older cousin, and to be honest, i hate it. I might look into the view later though for it's cheapness. Do you have any pictures? A personal review? Hows the SQ?

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 20
I am interested in the View, Zen, and iTouch as my next mp3 player. I need 16gbs. Even though it is a little big for a flash player, the View seems like a quality player. I will definitely try to get some hands-on time with it before I decide to get any.

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 20
One thing I noticed when picking up my Sansa Click (which is a very pleasant surprise -- I like it a lot) was that the View doesn't look as much like the previous model as the online photos make it appear. If looks mean anything, the View is a trimmer, better looking player.

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I noticed when picking up my Sansa Click (which is a very pleasant surprise -- I like it a lot) was that the View doesn't look as much like the previous model as the online photos make it appear. If looks mean anything, the View is a trimmer, better looking player.

I heard that View's SQ is way better than the E200's, but still not as a good as say, the Sony's.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 20
I personally don't like it cuz it's big..
the scroll wheel sucks (I just personally don't like it)
and the GUI is uninspiring.

but that's just me. I was considering it .. but though it looks good on paper, I just don't like it in my hands.

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard that View's SQ is way better than the E200's, but still not as a good as say, the Sony's.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Most any DAP trumps the e200 in sound quality. I dugg my old e260 out a little while back. Damn, Id not listen to music at all before I would use it as my primary again.

Jan 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #10 of 20
Yeah the interface is kind of basic, but that is not a problem for me. I was interested only in its ability to play music well, and it does that in spades.

The bonus of expandable memory is nice and the unit has a good adjustable eq. For some reason they did not label what frequencies the eq adjusted, so I hooked it up to the line in port on my pc and found them to be 50, 250, 1k, 4k, 16k...

Ply

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by virtuoso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i haven't heard good things about the Sansa..
no good reviews also... :p

Hmm, just did a Google and the first five reviews that popped up all gave the View a verygood/best buy rating.

This quote from PC Magazine pretty much sums up the other reviews:

Quote:

"The SanDisk Sansa View will not elicit the "oohs" and "aahs" that the Samsung P2 or the Apple iPod touch will. Those eye-catching players, however, fetch a lot more cash. SanDisk has made a no-frills, high-capacity flash player with a quality screen, memory-expansion capabilities, and that all-important feature: a low price. Use the money you save to buy some quality earphones and laugh at the people with fancy players and lousy earbuds."

Ply

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

The v1 version of the E200 series seems to be quite weak. But it looks like the new generation Sansa products ( e2xx V2, View, Clip etc.) share the exact same audio circuitry. And while I have not seen any reviews of the E2xx V2 units, the Clip and View are considered to have a pretty good sound.

I have an E280 V2 and I am quite happy with the sound (very close to my old Iriver hp120)

Jan 18, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #14 of 20
I bought an e280 Sansa for my dad this Xmas. It sounds ok, but you have to turn the volume up to 50% to get decent volume out of the stock buds. He'll probably have to crank it to 11 for the home Sennheisers I gave him a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back