Why no AKG love? K26P and K71... comments?
Nov 29, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #19 of 26
I've listened to the Denon AH-P372K briefly at a local audio store a few weeks ago. I thought that they sound very good for the price - definitely much better than AKG K26p. I can't provide any details about the sound, as I only listened to them for a minute, but I thought that they had a pretty tight bass and good highs with a somewhat recessed midrange.

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're supra-aural, yea? Do you know if they isolate well?

Yes, they are supra-aural style. Can't remember how well they isolate, sorry.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that IS cheap. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Concering the Denons, I plan to write a new review with its own thread when I have time, but I wanted to report back that I can highly recommend these for portable closed applications. Great sound, construction and isolation.

More to come on this, don't want to completely thread jack.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #25 of 26
I own a pair of k26p and also a pair of the k27i with the volume control.
If you can get a seal with either of these,and i say that because of the 3d axis mechanism it's sometimes difficult to seal both ears,but when you get the seal....wow.
i use these on my sony dap's S618,S638,Rz1 etc and they really perform and they are very sensitive so they dont need much volume.
In my opinion they sound better than many phones 3,4,5 times the price.
They sound better than the Shure Se530,yeah i know its an iem but that gives you some idea how they sound.
As for them being muddy ive never thought that at all.
To me they sound clear,punchy and musical and for the price they both are a complete winner in my book.

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #26 of 26
I have the k414p (basically the new version of the k26p). At first it didn't sounded good at all. Big but sloppy mud in the bass, mids - and highs sounded unrefined and a bit thin with compressed soundstage.

I didn't really believe in burn-in but tried 6 hours of pink noise and it helped a lot. Tighter bass (still a little bit sloppy) but the mids and highs really opened up and soundstage widened to the point where I actually like these phones. I like the form factor of the relatively small over the ear type & the fact that they fold up nicely. If anyone has tips on how to tighten up the bass a little more I'd like to know but at this point I think, 'it is what it is'.

I also have Image X10, super.fi 5 pro (getting rid of these sf5pro), PL30, Yuin PK3, and a variety of large cans for home. I listen mostly to the X10 and Denon D2k (w/ MarkL mod) and Senn 650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back