Why my right channel is louder....
May 19, 2010 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CooLy_oNE

100+ Head-Fier
Hi...I am listening to my set up

Desktop-USB-->Little dot dac--> LD MK 3-->HD 600...

try changing tube already..but still...

is there a possibility that my right ear is more sensitive? but it is louder significantly...
also already try to use mono to my right and left ear alternately, but still I found right is louder...

May 19, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 7
I'd go into sound settings and play with the channel balance until it matches what you feel is balanced. I've had this happen to me a couple of times but luckily it ended up being psychological.

May 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 7
This is a problem that we ALL go through. It's one of the weird audiophile phenomenas that is really difficult to pinpoint the cause. It could be several factors.

-Wax buildup in ear
-Amp creates channel imbalance due to cheapo volume attenuator 
-Psychological, or something that doesn't have to do with your gear

I had this problem when I had my pair of K701s. First off, buy a sound level meter from radioshack or something similar that can measure sound. Use that and measure how loud each cup is, and if there is indeed a difference in sound, that's not your head. Next, if there IS a difference in sound, logically you're going to want to change sources with your headphones as much as possible and measure the volume on all of those as well. Try it without your amp, then try it without your dac, then try it straight from your computer, and if you want try it straight from iPod, CD player, or any other source you have in your possession. Measure the volume on all of those and see if the volume is balanced. If you switch from source to source, and the volume level in your right ear is STILL louder, then sorry to say, something is wrong with your headphones. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 7
I found this clip very useful.
Listen to the testsignal and and compare L/R level by
lifting of the cup from one ear.
I noticed a big difference 4.8khz and 6.3khz.
Suggestion : download foobar graphic EQ
                     31 Band STEREO EQ
Only up to 11khz

•        ​
 ​
 ​
       ​

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 7
I had the same thing happening to me.

It annoyed the **** out of me for a pretty long time then I just forgot about it and hasn't bothered me since. 

So I'm pretty sure it's psychological though, at least for me, because it only happens with one pair of headphones and the right one seemed louder even when I turned them around. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back