Why isn't this working?
May 4, 2003 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zeplin

1000+ Head-Fier
Alright, I have the AT W1000's, which have a 1/4" jack at the end that is not removable(permanent). So, if you want to plug it into a cd player with 1/8" jack, you have to get a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor from rat shack. Well, I thought that I'd change the ohm resistance load on my W1k's with that Ety cable you can use to change a 4P into a 4S. So, here's how the hookup goes... from my W1k's 1/4 > into the 1/4-1/8 adaptor>then into the 1/8" end of the Ety conversion cable > then into the 1/4" jack that plugs into my amp(Cosmic). It's a lot of conversions in sizes, but for some reason, the sound only comes out of the left driver. Does anyone know why this could be? And, has anyone ever tried changing the resistance of their AT cans, or at least the AT cans that have permanent 1/4" jacks? Like it does with the Ety's and several other phones of mine, I would suspect that the impedance conversion cable would change the sound drastically...for better or for worse. Thanx in advance for any help anyone is able to offer
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 6
Uh? OK? I don't know why it posted 2x's???

May 4, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 6
Not sure I can really help -- but are you sure you got the stereo-stereo 1/4"-1/8" adapter at RadioShack? I'd think you'd just get mono sound if you had the wrong one, but this is the only thing I can think would be wrong if all the adapters, plugs, and jacks are working correctly.

kerely

May 4, 2003 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 6
It sounds like you may have gotten a mono 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause the problem. Are you sure all of the connectors are snug? It was embarrassing, but one time I thought there was a problem with my Etys, but in reality the plug wasn't all the way in the jack.
redface.gif

May 4, 2003 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 6
Damn, I just embarrassed myself. I just noticed that it does say "mono plug." I don't remember even seeing a stereo one, but I'm sure it's there. Thanx guys for helping me...I probably wouldn't have figured this out for a long time
confused.gif

May 4, 2003 at 7:17 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Damn, I just embarrassed myself. I just noticed that it does say "mono plug."

It's not that embarrassing. I make those kinds of mistakes all the time.
redface.gif

Zeplin, your pm box is full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back