Why isn't anyone talking about the Master & Dynamic ME05s yet?
Sep 18, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 16
I just saw this on Forbes Life, but there really is not a lot of information out there.  I would have thought that someone in the Head-fi community would have gotten an advance listen to them.  Here is the article I found:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/viviennedecker/2015/09/17/master-dynamic-makes-headphones-luxurious/

And another I found from The Verge:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/16/9337701/master-dymanic-me05-brass-headphones

I just picked up the Westone W30 (as a replacement for my failed Westone W3 Gold), so I am not exactly in the market, but I am always eager to learn what is new and exciting out there.  Plus, Christmas is coming up, so I always treat myself to a new iem or headphone during December.

Hopefully we will get some reviews soon, I think they went on sale today.

Sep 18, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 16
I'm kind of getting turned off by multiple references I've seen referring to Masters and Dynamic products as "fashion" oriented. Now I've never heard any of their products, but had the impression that they were a quite serious audiophile player, if maybe not a top rung player. I've been looking at all their IEM's and that kind of reference makes me second guess them, did they invest too much in packaging and looks, and not enough into sound. Not saying they do, and most reviews by serious listeners have been quite favorable, but these references to "fashion-conscious" bug me, and it would bug me if I was M&D too

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 16
Are you getting them as a sample or are you purchasing them? Have you listened to other Master and Dynamic gear? Just curious if they have a solid build reputation.

Yes, I have listened to and own other Master Dynamic Gear.  It is about as high end as it gets. 

Here is a review I just finished of the MH40:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/master-dynamic-mh40/reviews/14036

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 16
Agree you won't find any plastic on the exterior of there headphones at all. Anodized aluminum 2 kinds of leather nice knurled screw heads, the best built headphones in my opinion.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #11 of 16
Just curious if you received and have a review of these bad boys. I can't tell if M&D have a good PR team or are actually nice to listen to (or both!)

Not quite yet. Hopefully soon. I'll post up if I do.

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #12 of 16
Is anyone working on reviews for these earphones? I have read some on major websites but would like to know the community's opinion, and it seems like this thread has been silent for a few months now.

Thanks!

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #14 of 16
I'm really interested in buying them, and many websites have reviews on them, but I mainly want to know if there are any cheaper alternatives, if I end up choosing these it will be great since they look cool and sound good, but if there are cheaper earphones that sound just as good I will be considering those too.

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #15 of 16
I bought them two months ago and have excellent ear for that price range at the beginning they were a little "cold" as sound but after several hours of listening have become very pleasant easy to fly and very well built aluminum and complete with accessories bag cloth for transport etc. really well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back