Why is SR225 better than RS1 for Rock Music?
Sep 19, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 43
Got my USD 650 shipped, rabbit or not
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I could get them for $600, I might rabbit. Color me cheap. Honestly, I've not heard a pair.

Sep 19, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #18 of 43
No, No, No........

Your a bad, bad man.
rs1smile.gif

(rabbit ref. is Bugs telling the police he wouldn't put his friend "Rocky" in the oven and throw in a match, to which the officer says "ya might rabbit, ya might")

Sep 19, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #19 of 43
Well, maybe I am, but look at my sig and you may understand better...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, No, No........

Your a bad, bad man.
rs1smile.gif

(rabbit ref. is Bugs telling the police he wouldn't put his friend "Rocky" in the oven and throw in a match, to which the officer says "ya might rabbit, ya might")

Sep 19, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #21 of 43
But I got my for USD 650, no BS...Ebay still offer great deals, just sometimes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hah! i got mine for $550 shipped!

i wanted to say that but i... paid much more..

Sep 19, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on guys/girls, you know that THE BEST ROCK hphones are GS1000, you just can not admit, arent you?

Loan me a couple of thousand bucks and we will see.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Grado refinement is an oxymoron. If you want refinement get DT880, HD600 or K701 and spend alot less.

We've talking rock here and cans you've mentioned are nothing for rock. Nothing.

Sep 20, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We've talking rock here and cans you've mentioned are nothing for rock. Nothing.

Start a thread with that as your theme and see how far you get with it.

Sep 20, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by iKonoKlast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..Some have said that they prefer the SR225 over the RS1 for listening to rock..

Hi

This thread has lost focus. I've not owned RS1's but perhaps can offer another point of comparison.

I own Alessandro MS1's (AUD$150) and Alessandro MSPro's (AUD$900) and have briefly trialled woodied SR225's and own/have owned much else besides.

The MSPro's (an RS1 variant) are my fav phones, with the qualities you expect from a top end phone; wide range, stable soundstage, clear detail, accurate definition and placement, no veils, etc.

To me these qualities are all very nice but are not the be all and end all. The MS1's score less on all points but are noticably more bopping and foot-tapping with some albums, rock mostly. Ones where you want it in-your-face, a simple, heavy sound in your head. The woodied SSR225(noticably better SQ than the MS1's) really put female vocals in-your-face which I loved about them with some tracks.

A crude comparison is a classical concert or Opera v a rock concert. In the first you want to hear all the detail, clarity, seperation of vocals and orchestra, naunces, etc placed in front of you. In the second you want to get involved and get into it, eg don't care if you don't hear perfect separation and placement between lead and rythm guitars, or if you miss some of the lyrics.

I'd strongly suggest going for the RS1's if you can scrape up the dollars. When you get to know them, go out and check out the SSR225's and others - there may be something in those you enjoy as well, but they cannot substitute for the RS1.

In summary - buy both, the RS1 first
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Start a thread with that as your theme and see how far you get with it.

As always, few adequate answers from insightful members and thousands of useless barks.

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado refinement is an oxymoron. If you want refinement get DT880, HD600 or K701 and spend alot less.

i get what you are saying but it depends how you define refinement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back