Why is PS3 still ridiculously priced?
Feb 27, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #76 of 208
How about something like this?

43d4828fd7a0ccda73623110.L.jpg

I don't own this but I do own one of logitech's pc controllers and think that they are very grippy.

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #78 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ps3 is playstaion with its horrid controllers and the 360 isnt good enough, so ive bought neither,

Blasphemy man, blasphemy. The Dualshock is the best video game controller ever created!

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #79 of 208
^ nah, tis rubbish

um, the xboxy looking one looks ok, i like the weight, design and analogue stick where it is on the xbox controllers, also, why do playstaions have a convex analogue stick? i find them to be in an awkward place

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #81 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XCM Cross Battle Adapter: Xbox 360 controller for PS3 - PS3 Daily

Ain't that a slap in the face
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by demoNMaCHiN3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
text

Riiight.. I want to play games. Not solve diseases, not create supercomputers, just playing games. If I want to F@H, I'll use my supidly overpowerd PC. And with my X360 I won't have to pay for those IMO useless features.
Did you see Gears of War 2? Every super-exclusive game has the best graphics at that time available, duh.

And for the Cell processor, sure, it's got more raw power, but those dumb SDK makers over at Sony forgot how to use it proper for the PS3. Troll that

Want proof of my burned out laser claim? Use google and see for yourself.

And your claim about the PS3 being the best Blu-Ray player available is hilarious. Check this.

Good luck.

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #82 of 208
Quote:

And your claim about the PS3 being the best Blu-Ray player available is hilarious.

This is one guys opinion and of course PS3 now supports DTS HD. The bitstream thing is overrated and most BD players will not continue to offer new firmware updates like the PS3 which has a much longer shelf life. The only reason I would even consider a stand alone is if I did not want to buy an HDMI compatible receiver and had to use 5.1/7.1 analog outputs.

To summarize, the reason many people think it is the best bluray player is because Sony has and will continue to support it. That can't be said for those with stand alone players.

Also, the mistake avid gamers make is to think that Sony only cared about games. They wanted an all around media machine that was ready for the HD generation. I think they succeeded at a very reasonable price point.

I am another Wii and PS3 owner. My only interest in Xbox360 is for Halo. For me, it was not worth buying for that reason.

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #84 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And your claim about the PS3 being the best Blu-Ray player available is hilarious. Check this.

your link only points us to google... any specific link in those results you want to focus on?

other than TrueHD/DTS-HD bitstreaming and IR remote support the features of the PS3 are just as complete for bluray playback as most standalones... you can get an IR adapter cheap and player decoded or receiver decoded... lossless is lossless

the major thing standalones have going for them is they are cheaper and some of them have 7.1ch analog (in case your receiver has analog inputs but no multichannel PCM or TrueHD/DTS-HD support) making them better overall for people who only want bluray

but the PS3 was at one time a very good (some could even say the best) option for a reason... all the standalones were either more expensive or discontinued profile 1.0 players... and some people who still say the PS3 is the best likely bought their PS3 when it was and haven't checked the prices of standalones lately

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #85 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by csroc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I don't think the PS3 looks that good. I don't much care for the white Xbox 360 (although it's what I've got) but I think the best looking of the bunch is the black 360. I prefer the look of the Xboxes because they're not glossy.

Hardware performance wise it's a wash, the Xbox is definitely easier to develop for and is less expensive to build too. Reliability has been a problem although I think that most of the issues have been taken care of in the past year. I've had mine since Sept of 07 with no issues so far. Hopefully MS doesn't make that mistake again.

The PS3 definitely offers more of a media center feeling with the BD playback capability although the dashboard, media center capabilities and Netflix tie ins on the Xbox offer a lot of flexibility as well. Can't go wrong either way really. Since I don't own a PS3 (but have used them) I can't make much comparison of which I would prefer to game on (graphically they're similar from what I have played or the Xbox is slightly better IMO on a lot of cross platform games). Of the people that I know own both, most prefer to game on the 360 rather than the PS3.

I think if you were strictly buying it for gaming I'd suggest 360 still unless there are PS3 exclusives you must have (360 has a lot of good ones as well though). If you want media capabilities you'd have to decide which offers more of those that you want. I have my old desktop computer (a Shuttle case) as my HTPC and I prefer it to the 360 and the PS3 for media playback, not to mention it has a useful web browser vs the PS3s or the no-web-browser-at-all 360. Eventually I'll build a new HTPC, possibly even with a BD drive to allow Blu Ray playback and hopefully by then those are going to be a lot cheaper. I really don't think much of using gaming consoles as media centers personally.

yeah, the ps3 is more of a technological marvel than the xbox 360 is but i am of the group that finds the 360 to be the ugliest console ever designed. the reason is this: my uni has dells that look exactly the same. even the old clunker xbox looked better as at least it looked like something that could go in a living room, no on top of a desk: microsoft got raped in their design of the xbox 360. whomever they paid is laughing now as they just ripped old ugly dells and changed only the colour.

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #86 of 208
Quote:

Riiight.. I want to play games. Not solve diseases, not create supercomputers, just playing games. If I want to F@H, I'll use my supidly overpowerd PC. And with my X360 I won't have to pay for those IMO useless features.

Then, why are you even having your souped up pc to begin with? Do you fry your eggs with it? You can never underestimate the benefit of having a hardware with huge potentials. As with your PC, there is a point where the hardware can see a full potential down the line which means you're future proofing your investment by having a powerful hardware console.
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:

Did you see Gears of War 2? Every super-exclusive game has the best graphics at that time available, duh.

You clearly haven't seen Gran Turismo's graphics, or are you that much ignorant?

Quote:

And for the Cell processor, sure, it's got more raw power, but those dumb SDK makers over at Sony forgot how to use it proper for the PS3. Troll that

I agree that Sony could do a better job at managing and developing their own hardware(PS3). MS clear has an edge here since they're a software company which Sony clearly isn't. Just look at any Vaio computers, they always put in the most crappiest software in their computers, and it's PITA to remove every single one of them.

Quote:

Again, you're not seeing the biggest selling point of PS3 which is expandability. I'm an avid blueray user, and to get a similarly speced blueray player I would have to spend at least $300 to $400, and they don't even have other media capabilities such as playing your divx files over your home server or accessing your terabyte music collections in the comfort of your couch. What other blueray players can do that? If you know one that costs less than or equal to PS3, please let us know. Heck, I'm not even sure if a player like that even exits. Probably not. Now, can your stupidly over powered PC can do that for less cost? I think not.

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #89 of 208
Friend of mine traded me his PS3 for my 360 and then he went and bought a Samsung BD player for $500.00 CAD. The thing is crap and and can't even read all of his disks properly. Looks no better than the PS3 for movies either. Needless to say he is now contemplating buying another PS3. Hehe..sucker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back