Why is my KRK KNS 8400 headphones phase cancelling and having REALLY bad audio quality?
Jan 10, 2014 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Quadragram

New Head-Fier
First of all, I would like to say that I am using these with a Focusrite VRM Box.

Yesterday, I just got my KRK KNS 8400 headphones due to wild reviews on them, but right off the bat, there was phase cancellation. I initially tested them out on my Nintendo 3DS and, because of phase cancellation, a few sounds were not present that you could hear without the headphones. Afterwards, I tried them on my computer (with the VRM box) and played a few dubstep and electro house songs and was greeted to harsh, deafening highs and many of the sounds gone. I'm pretty much confused as to what is happening and the instruction manual (which I didn't think I'd need at first) doesn't say anything that could fix it.

Perhaps when I first plugged in the mini-connector into the headphones, I broke it, although I wouldn't like that to be the answer. 

By the way, I'm a noob here and thought this would be the appropriate forum to post this in. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 4
Hmm - sounds like there is some sort of problem. Headphones are very simple devices - there are two wires going from each channel of a stereo plug to the +/- side of the headphone driver in the cups. If it doesn't sound right, then either the stereo plug is messed-up, the wire is messed-up or one or both of the drivers are messed-up. If the problem is happening when they are plugged-in to more than one source, then I think you are looking at a return of the headphones.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 4
I don't get why you're blaming Amazon, it's not like their name is on the product or they manufactured the headphones. If you want to blame someone, blame KRK for poor QC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back