Why is it impossible to get in contact with AKG?
Jun 14, 2008 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Eric M

100+ Head-Fier
I have some very simple questions about the warranty of my K701's but have been unable to get in contact with them. I sent 2 emails to AKGUSASERVICE@harman.com, no response. I also left a message on their support page, with no responses. I've called their US phone number about 15 times with no luck. Every time I navigate to service center extension, no one ever picks up. They say leave a message, and I did 3 times with my phone number, and they never called me back. When I try other extensions it must connect to some dead line, and the phone connection dies.

Seriously, What?

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 5
yeah, they're pretty tough to get ahold of... I've got a couple email addresses and a contact number for parts somewhere... PM me in a couple days and hopefully I'll have them dug up by then.

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 5
This is why I stopped buying AKG cans..... They are a pain to work with and IME not worth the hassel. I once waited 3 months for ear pads and they sent the wrong ones out in the end.

This is the number I used for parts: 818-920-3279. That was about a year ago and I'm not sure if it works or not. Good luck!

Jun 16, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 5
i have written them a few times about things. have never heard back from them. have not tried calling though.

makes you think twice about buying a K1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back