why is choosing headphones so damn hard ****
Mar 21, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #61 of 67
NoobAudio, don't bother upgrading source or amp until you've tried the headphones and decide you want more.

Btw I hope you got the pro 2500 because it was cheap, if you got it because you thought it'd sound good with a computer integrated sound card or mp3 player you should be choosing high sensitivity and low impedance headphones (ie portables).

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #62 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NoobAudio, don't bother upgrading source or amp until you've tried the headphones and decide you want more.

x2. Good advice.
regular_smile .gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #63 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw I hope you got the pro 2500 because it was cheap, if you got it because you thought it'd sound good with a computer integrated sound card or mp3 player you should be choosing high sensitivity and low impedance headphones (ie portables).

To be honest i haven't got it just yet i am still debating between them and the hifi780 but at least it is no where near what i first started out from
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #64 of 67
Whew good, if nobody told you, ultrasone pro headphones are revealing of recording flaws and characteristics of your audio equipment. Find a headphone known to sound good straight out of the computer if you aren't going to get a sound card or dac and amp.

HFI-680 or better hfi-580 should run better than HFI-780 straight out of the computer.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #66 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NoobAudio, sorry I was under the impression you already purchased the Ultrasone, again sorry...

No problem i have the ultrasone's now i posted a thread under full size headphones talking a bit about them with a picture.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #67 of 67
My brief experience with a 900 is that they sounded damn good of out a Rega CD player => StageDac => symphony.2 setup but mediocre out of a (new) Denon CD player's headphone jack. I personally wouldn't go with a 900 if you don't already have the amp, maybe the dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back