Why is Australia the most cultured country in the world?
Nov 5, 2007 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

fordgtlover

Headphoneus Supremus
Because our of national orchestra - this video tells the story

http://www.stubbysymphony.com.au/

cool.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #2 of 14
Verrrrry Nice fordgtlover! I am one of the few headfiers who has been inside the Sydney Opera House. Truly one of the 7 wonders of the world. All those white tiles! :wink:

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Verrrrry Nice fordgtlover! I am one of the few headfiers who has been inside the Sydney Opera House. Truly one of the 7 wonders of the world. All those white tiles! :wink:

It's quite difficult to get inside. Did you see a performance there?

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get it. So Aussies are cultured because of beer?

I think the funny part is that Australians can put an 'aussie' spin on even something as staid as an Orchestra. And, we know that Australians aren't really very cultured at all.

Beside - it's a beer commercial. Arguably the best type of ads on TV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowraboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a problem with that?

And this is funny because it is so often heard after a few beers at the local watering hole [usually spoken microseconds before the first punch is thrown] - but I'm sure bowraboy said in good aussie spirit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
recyclying at its best
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah - presumably they got some straws out to suck up that spilt beer at the end
eek.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #9 of 14
Unfortunately I didn't see a performance there. Just got the tour, impressive! heh 1976! :wink: Edit: Australian Navy and U.S. Navy celebration of sorts.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:39 AM Post #11 of 14
'Big Ad' was for Carlton...

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #12 of 14
It is a thing of beauty.
biggrin.gif
Another classy piece of advertising from down under.
tongue.gif
It is nice when you can take the piss out of yourself without getting to serious about it.

cheers
Simon

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #13 of 14
i know, im jus sayn carlton was a good ad, hahn ads are great as well, anyone know what the song from that random tooheys ad where u plants his hair and grows it, and its like a uber sized cabbage patch dude, and he freezes him straight away and takes the beer?

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sort of... Truth is it's actually a massive compromise on the Designers original plans for the building, and worst of all, the result of that compromise is much poorer sound than was intended!

The spaces inside the building were reduced in many areas and the acoustics suffer terribly. Good news is that it is finally going to be rectified over the course of a few years, and the majority of what was planned is going to be corrected back into the building - including the acoustic properties.

I think the sound from the Opera House is pretty impressive as it is to be honest - but can't wait to check it out once improvements have been made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back