Why I think that q-jays are the best IEMs in the market (warning - too muh criticism of other brands).
Nov 6, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #61 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by hmpf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Toki,
I dont have a time read all of this thread with my bad english but I'm with you
my rank is:
Triple fi.10 (great clear dynamic sound I think you could like them a lot)
q-Jays (close two they have different sound then fi.10 but with right source trully potencial it is simply magic sound for me)
SE530, RE1 (I agree with you, they are also very good but nothing for me, I found them boring and RE1 is really muddy)
I want try Livewires and ER4 in future...

I'm not a big fun in-ear but I choose q-jays for me becose they are cool for this money, by the way it is just my opinion nothing more. I respecting my new fullsize headphone Grado RS1 for home listening, portable is not important for me.

Thanks for your opinions. I have heared that Livewares are too sensitive and have hiss on most players... would be a big downside for me. Perhaps we are both too much used to colored sound to appreciate ER4 as they are.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #62 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Toki_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, unfortunately I havent heared those models. I think so too - Westones are closer to what I expect from sound, if we will forget about bass... it just cannot be so lifeless in real life.
Am I right that the words "natural" and "neutral" are synonyms when we are talking about music?

Err... I mean those headphones sounded like Etys, and sound less like the Westones. They tend to be considered by some to be thin and lifeless.

In audio, a piece of perfectly "neutral" equipment does not alter the signal fed to it, in other word, free from colouration or distortion.

Whereas a "natural" sound is often used to describe a sound that is sounding like the real thing, which can be hard to establish a standard.

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #63 of 63
Must dig up an old tread
normal_smile .gif
Tanks for fun and very informative reading. Did some tip rolling and modding on the q-jays i own and found out that they are absolutly amasing with white stalktrimmed shure trippleflanges and my nokia xm 5800 that i use as only dap now, in my shirt pocket. Been sporting this combo for weeks now and are still amased by the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back