why head-fi doesn't have a search function?
Feb 26, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2
I use google tool bar. Built-in spell checker.

Cool--didn't know it had that. I don't really care for the extra space toolbars take up though... And my browser has a built-in google search.. so. It's all good.

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #17 of 30
Just installed that spell-checker, don't use IE, but an IE-based browser.
smily_headphones1.gif

Very cool. I have dictionary.com in my favourites for that purpose but this is quicker.
Plus my keyboard has a right-click menu key, so I can do it without touching the mouse.

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Just installed that spell-checker, don't use IE, but an IE-based browser.
smily_headphones1.gif

Which one?

I use SlimBrowser and Deepnet.

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
Which one?

I use SlimBrowser and Deepnet.

Neither!
eek.gif

I use Avant. Been using it for years now and I know every keyboard shortcut. Tabbed browsing like Firefox and everything disappears until you hover over it with your mouse.

I have it set up so when I touch the left edge of the screen my favourites come up. And it has mouse gestures as well as keyboard shortcuts, so making a '7' with mouse while holding the left button refreshes.

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Neither!
eek.gif

I use Avant. Been using it for years now and I know every keyboard shortcut. Tabbed browsing like Firefox and everything disappears until you hover over it with your mouse.

I have it set up so when I touch the left edge of the screen my favourites come up.

Cool... but I wasn't trying to imply that you use one that I do.
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
Cool... but I wasn't trying to imply that you use one that I do.
wink.gif

Nice to hear someone who is not a Firefox FTW freak.
tongue.gif

Never heard of SlimBrowser or Deepnet? You just get used to whichever browser you use a lot I guess?

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by orfeo
Hi,

I was just wondering why headfi doesn't have a search function for it forums? Obviously it can be quite processor intensive for the server but i think headfi definetly needs one. It would save you soo much time and reduce the ammount of posts since all the newbie questions could be solved by simply searching for the right info.

orfeo

Wow...where to start with this one. Try the search button!

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #24 of 30
Not to be an ass or anything but if you are looking for something on a page press ctrl+f and type it in... Firefox searches on the fly (which I really like) but IE searches when you hit the enter key and it highlights it. You can actually find the search function by simply typing search into the find dialog. Just an FYI, I use it all the time when searching for something specific on a cluttered page.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Nice to hear someone who is not a Firefox FTW freak.
tongue.gif

Never heard of SlimBrowser or Deepnet? You just get used to whichever browser you use a lot I guess?

I use Maxthon, which is also an IE shell (it used to be called MyIE2). I have tried Firefox but I always end up back with Maxthon. I also use the ieSpell and find it invaluable.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by orfeo
It would save you soo much time and reduce the ammount of posts since all the newbie questions could be solved by simply searching for the right info.

orfeo

You'd think that...right? Nope.

There simply has to be more than one "Which headphone is best for gaming" thread on the first page of the Headphones forum at all times. Has to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back