Why Dosen't ANYBODY like the Sony SA3000?!
Feb 3, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by splodinjoe
I tried them out at the Sony Store and totally hated them. But I had just taken the HF-1s off so maybe the difference in sound signiture was so big that i couldnt really evaluate them properly. I remember thinking they had little midrange and like NO bass though.

that would be an unfair critique I think the headphones would deserve more time then that
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #17 of 19
Ya I would agree. It's hard to really get a sense when it's during the boxing week rush and the salesman is starting a hole in the back of your head (yes I turned around lol. If I don't make eye contact maybe he won't try and talk to me.)

I asked them if they ever sold the Qualia's and the salesman had no idea Sony even had a line of products called Qualia
rolleyes.gif
. It was pretty sad.

Feb 3, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #18 of 19
spraggih, I thought your "tirade" (post #9) was funny.
biggrin.gif

I stumbled onto this site a year ago with Bose TriPorts and wondered why everyone said it sounded bad. Well, they (we) were right.

Your head-fi journey has just begun, enjoy.

Feb 4, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
spraggih, I thought your "tirade" (post #9) was funny.
biggrin.gif

I stumbled onto this site a year ago with Bose TriPorts and wondered why everyone said it sounded bad. Well, they (we) were right.

Your head-fi journey has just begun, enjoy.

Journey - sounds expensive, full of highs and lows (no pun intended). You know it's funny you mention the Triports. I had this really cool looking pair of Sony street styles with a volume control. I thought they were the end all be all. After a number of headphone purchases (post head-fi) I happened to look at the Sony's and said, "I wonder how they sound now". I put them on and threw them off - no detail, clarity, soundstage - it sounded like an AM station! I said, "Wow how far I had come..." "Now how much further still to go". Thank God for 30-day return policies, head-fi and patience.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back