Why don't women like Headphones
Nov 7, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #46 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cause they care more about how they look than the average male...
tongue.gif

Word.

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #47 of 145
My gal isn't interested at all about my speakers or headphones. Though I must say she can always pin point the problems out really quick. Makes all my purchase feel like a very bad mistake.

Then again her dad's an audiophile and owns a 40k sound system. tube monoblocks with preamp and b&w matrix speakers. Sigh

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #48 of 145
my ex refused to wear them b/c they made people look like aliens. aliens as in those super-advanced techy aliens, not those monster aliens. sr325i and dt990. hrmmm?
she did agree that she heard the details/sound that she'd never heard on her crappy earphones before.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #49 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a feeling most women don't like headphones because it cuts them off from being able to socialize.
redface.gif

This. And they're 100% right. Wearing headphones in public is pretty much declaring that you don't care for anyone else to register on your hearing. It's highly anti-social.

As far as women not being to appreciate good sound - that's BS. Some people care about good sound, some don't, and man or woman, it doesn't make any difference. Different people have different priorities, and you have to admit, our hobby is pretty marginal at best.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #51 of 145
BEFORE
gf: damn you spending that amount of money on headphone instead of buying me jewels and clothes..

AFTER
gf: ohhh, you now have ex700... wait... wait... tot tot tot tot tot tot.."hello, my bf already got his ex700, when will my se-530 arrive"?

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #52 of 145
Truth is most people don't care about high end audio stuff, and especially high end headphones and equipment.
This is a very niche hobby.

Quote:

I think women in general don't like music, at least good music. What do they listen to other than the crappy radio-friendly tunes?

You're lucky this site is 99.999% men.

It's not that women don't care about hi-fi sound, it's that they don't care about hi-fi.
After all, this is a forum where we post endlessly about equipment. They might be into the sound, but don't expect them to be into the equipment.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #53 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're lucky this site is 99.999% men.

Well, he's right if you're only talking about high school girls...

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #57 of 145
I tried explaining why I spent 161 dollars on my HFI-780 to my parents. They look at me funny and asked me why didnt I justbuy cheap dollars store headphones and call it a day

I tried to explain but I couldnt explain in it in a way that they would understand.

Nov 9, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #58 of 145
Maybe you could explain what a good deal it was compared to the usual price. Everybody can understand that. I know people who buy thing they don't need all the time because it was on "clearance."

Quote:

Originally Posted by genclaymore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried explaining why I spent 161 dollars on my HFI-780 to my parents. They look at me funny and asked me why didnt I justbuy cheap dollars store headphones and call it a day

I tried to explain but I couldnt explain in it in a way that they would understand.

Nov 9, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #59 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not that women don't care about hi-fi sound, it's that they don't care about hi-fi.
After all, this is a forum where we post endlessly about equipment. They might be into the sound, but don't expect them to be into the equipment.

I know several females who go weak at the knees and talk and obsees an un-natural amount about equipement and what not. Just remember stereotyping is bad. Though I do agree most people on this site are male, that doesn't mean there aren't many females who use this board but are to shy or think it's to nerdy/geeky etc to actually sign up for an online forum. Just throwing it out there for any such person reading this post. Don't be shy, we don't bite (well, not that hard at least).
devil_face.gif
beerchug.gif
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #60 of 145
Quote:

Sometimes it's best just to not try and explain. Just say they were the fancy $3 dollar store headphones.

Quote:

I know several females who go weak at the knees and talk and obsees an un-natural amount about equipement and what not. Just remember stereotyping is bad. Though I do agree most people on this site are male, that doesn't mean there aren't many females who use this board but are to shy or think it's to nerdy/geeky etc to actually sign up for an online forum. Just throwing it out there for any such person reading this post. Don't be shy, we don't bite (well, not that hard at least).

Yeah, you're right, I should be careful how I word those kind of statements. Also I should add, that being an engineering student I love and appreciate techy girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back