Why don't people answer their goddamned email!!!!
Feb 6, 2003 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 27
That might be the policy, but that's ridiculous if you ask me. Two is too long, and I've never been kept waiting more than 24 hours.

Feb 6, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 27
I've waited almost two weeks and in that time, I've filled out the payment reminder, a no-pay form, and am about to request a listing fee refund. Still not a peep from the buyer. Maybe a lame excuse or something, that would make me feel better.

Hey, but give the guy a chance maybe he had a family emergency or something.

Anyway, gotta go fill out my negative feedback now.

Feb 6, 2003 at 3:34 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
I bought some AKG on ebay last night and sent two emails to the seller asking them to respond. No response. He has good feedback.

Hi Matthew-
The actual eBay suggested time is within three days of the sale for the seller and buyer to contact each other. I am like you..I like to hear right away...especially when it's something I really want.

I have been an ebay seller and buyer since it first started over six years ago. As a seller, I try to get invoices off to my buyers within 24 hours of purchase. But, truth be told...sometimes I am not able to for 48 hours or longer.

I'm sure the seller will get in touch with you. The outside possibility is that he may be experiencing email delivery problems (as a seller, I have had this happen several times on my server)...but I would give him the full 3 days. If you dont hear back by then...get his user info from ebay and give him a call.
John

Feb 6, 2003 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 27
I've only done 1 deal on ebay (I was the seller), and as soon as I recieved that email form ebay telling me the auction has finished, I contacted the winner straight away. I aren't that difficult, just write a few lines saying payment method, address, and I expect to hear back in a day or so too. I think there are only a few reason why the seller won't respond.

1 - They never had the item in the first place

2 - They changed their mind about selling.

3 - Their computer has died.

I don't think any excuse stand up these days, even if my PC dies, I can still get access in other PCs to access my emails. Though not the way I like to do it (through Outlook Express), at least I can stil keep contact with the outside world.

Feb 6, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 27
I bought a modem and couldn't contact the seller for almost a week, turned out his mother had died and he had to leave to go to where she lived.
frown.gif
Sometimes there are excuses.

Feb 6, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by ssblood
I bought a modem and couldn't contact the seller for almost a week, turned out his mother had died and he had to leave to go to where she lived.
frown.gif

Maybe he lied about that
mad.gif

Feb 6, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

I agree. Not everybody spends hours a day at their computer. Sometimes people go away for a few days for whatever reason. And yes, sometimes computers do crash at the most inconvenient times (it's happened to me a couple of times while in the middle of an E-Bay transaction) and believe it or not, not everyone considers an E-Bay sale to be top priority and must therefore immediately seek out a second computer to check for possible e-mail.

Besides, as someone has already mentioned, E-Bay itself states a 3 day contact period.

Sheesh, talk about the immediate gratification generation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #12 of 27
Yeah, maybe he did.

Seriously, one time I bought from a seller and didn't hear from him for 3 weeks. Looking through his feedback, he'd gotten a whole flock of negatives, we're talking like 30 or something in the past month or two, from winning bidders that were never contacted. Many he replied to, saying that there was a death in the family in France, so he had to go over there for awhile and couldn't contact anyone. What? No computers or internet in France? And exactly how did he list more items for sale during this time? I never heard a word for him about why it took him so long to ship, and when I complained in my feedback, he blamed it on the post office.
mad.gif

That's the worst experience I've had though, with a seller taking long to respond. Most of the times people are good about contacting you fast and asking for their money!!!
wink.gif

EDIT: This is of course when I learned to never take a large feedback rating for granted, and always check them out!!! I just saw that he had several thousand positives, but you never know when someone has several hundred negatives as well unless you check...

Feb 6, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #13 of 27
Three days would be my time limit as well. I wouldn't stress over just one day.

Feb 6, 2003 at 6:26 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

I've filled out the payment reminder, a no-pay form, and am about to request a listing fee refund

Michang, I'm caught in a deal with a deadbeat bidder right now. Ebay offers these options? I'm not aware of them. Where are they located!?
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2003 at 8:48 AM Post #15 of 27
I agree to give more time than 36 or even 48 hours, definitely. Some people (sellers and buyers) are slow as ****, take whatever reasons you like. Recently I sold a CD to a buyer who didn't manage payment for approximately a month. A bit annoying, but they eventually paid. I don't suggest anyone else wait that long, but take as much time as you think you can afford to.

piece,
rp:AUM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back