Why doesnt anyone like this>>>>
Nov 3, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Dunno about the ART specifically, but I had one of those Rolls HA43 studio type amps (it was my first amp):

http://www.zzounds.com/item--RLLHA43

Basically, it just sounded bad. Bright, thin and very "cheap PCDP." I think most people around here assume all studio amps will sound bad, although that isn't necessarily the case.

(User) PinkFloyd has touted the B-Tech BT928 as being a halfway decent sounding inexpensive amp that can be improved by upgrading parts. There may be others, but most don't seem to want to spend the money to find out. When you can get a Mint or Meta42 for around the same price which is known to sound good, can't say that I blame them any.

Nov 4, 2003 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 3
well, i never used one.... but just thinking about it, you are essentially buying 4 headphone amps for the price of the cheapest audiophile amp available. so, it's hard to believe that it would perform all that well. but who knows.

but i think fewtch is right... might as well buy something people already like here... unless if you really do need a 4 channel headphone amp. personally, i use a Stewart 4 channel amp at home, and it works quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back