Why does UPS not deliver on Christmas eve?
Dec 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #16 of 37
On a federal level. Consumerism still lives on.

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shut down? the malls are wide open all day

Then the US is different from Scandinavia.
Here in Norway all stores (groceries, and all the rest) closed today at 3pm and will be closed until Monday morning.The exact same for postal services, offices, and pretty much everything else (besides petrol stations). From what I know it is the exact same in Sweden, where Patrick lives.

So basically it all shut down for 4 days.

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #18 of 37
You really have to do your shopping early then. No slack for procrastinating shoppers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #19 of 37
I went to the supermarket to purchase ice cream, I could not get inside. There was a note on the door that said it closed 2pm and tomorrow it is closed. How can they do this to me? I'm craving for ice cream, how will I get it?

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #20 of 37
Brick + Window = Free ice cream + happy Patrick

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to the supermarket to purchase ice cream, I could not get inside. There was a note on the door that said it closed 2pm and tomorrow it is closed. How can they do this to me? I'm craving for ice cream, how will I get it?

You're telling me you can build a robot love slave out of cables and spark plugs, but not an ice cream maker?

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #22 of 37
I want a robot love slave. Does it have to have "Hello Kitty" underwear? or can I get one with "Strawberry Shortcake"?

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make your own? My wife makes the BEST ice cream EVA!

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Santa has all the shipping companies under contract for those two days.

He muscled them out for trade routes.
biggrin.gif
Angry elves are not to be messed with.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #28 of 37
Walmart was open almost the entire day on Christmas Day. It depends on the state how much shuts down. In VA almost everything was closed. In NY some malls, stores, gas stations, etc. were open for a half day.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #29 of 37
Got your ice cream yet? Stores open again over here...

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got your ice cream yet? Stores open again over here...

Yes, I finally purchased ice cream and almost vomited from eating so much of it. I also went to pick up my parcel from UPS headquarters on the other side of the city, apparently they failed to deliver because there was no port code or phone number on the parcel. I like the normal postal service better because you can pick up the parcel from the post office nearby instead of walking 3 hours in a snow storm on the highway. Getting plowed off the road didn't make it any easier either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back