Why does Tidal sound better to my ears?
Aug 17, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #76 of 86
If the Bluetooth isn’t transparent and the source is, it shouldn’t matter if the original is lossless or not. I haven’t found that recompressing lossy has much of an impact at all in the real world. It’s one of those theoretical things that make audiophiles run around in their squirrel cage.

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #77 of 86
If the Bluetooth isn’t transparent and the source is, it shouldn’t matter if the original is lossless or not. I haven’t found that recompressing lossy has much of an impact at all in the real world. It’s one of those theoretical things that make audiophiles run around in their squirrel cage.
I’ll never pretend to understand most of what is being discussed in this thread/ Forum but that last line litteraly made me laugh out loud. Because it’s true.

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #78 of 86
I’ll never pretend to understand most of what is being discussed in this thread/ Forum but that last line litteraly made me laugh out loud. Because it’s true.
When I stopped caring about my audio equipment and sources, it was the moment I started enjoying the music (see my sig).

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #79 of 86
Lol squirrel cage. Good stuff. I almost spit my water out.

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #80 of 86
When I stopped caring about my audio equipment and sources, it was the moment I started enjoying the music (see my sig).
Man that's awesome. I can really appreciate this. It has been a fruitless quest for the audio holy grail. I'm done myself as I just don't have the energy to do it anymore. I'm getting out of my squirrel cage.

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #81 of 86
Man that's awesome. I can really appreciate this. It has been a fruitless quest for the audio holy grail. I'm done myself as I just don't have the energy to do it anymore. I'm getting out of my squirrel cage.
The reasoning I used to determine my exit of the audio gear market was this: personally, I want to hear what is in the recording, thus I will get the most transparent gear that can cover all of the human thresholds. If I want to make a change, I have DSP for that (even "tube" distortion is better replicated in DSP since you can have the same values over and over again, instead of the variability of physical gear).

Aug 20, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #82 of 86
The best way to upgrade your audio gear is to listen to better music.

Aug 20, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #83 of 86

Keep it up and you'll get yourself a drinking buddy :wink:

Aug 20, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #84 of 86

Your fingers are probably black and blue from hitting the Pay Now key :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back